I'm considering purchasing a Nokia N800 off of ebay and two 16gb sdhc cards and loading them up with mp3's. I am curious to how Kagu and/or Canola2 will handle that much music. Will I be disappointed in the performance?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Darryl

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I prefer canola. I also have 2 16gb cards, and forme at least, canola seems quickest and best suited to handling lots of music.

Please consider using mpd+mmpc which is the best combination I found to handle lots of music (here 8Go).

try both and see wat suits you.... its all depends on what you like. and i hve here n800... if you want i can sell it to you.

Thanks for the replies. I will try the different options and see which works best for me.

I currently have a 770 and may try on there for, just to get a feel.

Iceman, how much would you sell your N800 for?

-Darryl

Hi!
You may try MediaBox from Martin Grimme.
This is exellent soft for me...

Last edited by smman; 2008-06-25 at 10:27.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
You like equalizer? That leaves you with ONLY xmms, or players from KDE358. equalizer under KDE358 is not as good as equalizer from xmms.

bun

XMMS on the tablet is a horrid thing to use. Not suited for tablet at all IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to maillaxa For This Useful Post:
I was able to load both Kagu and Canola on my Nokia 770 and play around with them. I only have about 50 songs on there, so it is a far cry from the thousands I plan on putting on the Nokia N800 with 32gb SDHC cards.

I had problems with Kagu recognizing my albums. Very likely an issue with what version of the ID3 tags I setup, but I'm not sure. Canola seemed to work much better. It recognized the albums and artists, etc...

My big concern is how this will perform when I do have 20-30 gb of mp3's loaded. Will it be sluggish? Do I only have to perform the 'scan' when I add new files? things like that.

thanks again for everyones input.

-Darryl

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I find canola does a kind of lite rescan on load (bout 30-60s), so if you are not closing canola it does not matter, I have 20Gb+ music.
Now it will take all day to download the cover art for that much music.