Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Just flash to Diablo, installed my usual apps (took an hour ), then installed Rotate, and now checked with app manager, after running for some 5 min, "operation failed", nothing in Show installed app, browse installable apps, or check update. Nothing. Upon reboot, and app manager, it goes on a forever Updating and wont stop.

Tried

1) dpkg --configure -a,
problem persisted

2) cp /var/lib/dpkg/status-old to /avr/lib/dpkg/status
problem persisted

3) app manager>app catalogs blank, nothing

4) Log:
hildon-application-manager 2.1.16
apt-worker:too weak to get lock from 1488
apt-worker closed connection.
apt-worker exited.
apt-worker is not running

Time to reflash, again?

::::

Edit: I think that was what happened. I rotated to the right (or Left?) while reading app manager. Real cool, you can see many more apps in a portrait mode. and I saw some progs I did not want and I uninstalled and updated, and rotated back to normal and now have the problem. I think that was what happened.

Edit: interesting, now log has changed to the following after another reboot,

apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: matchbox-window-manager 2:1.2-osso18
apt-worker: Ignorin

keeps on going for many many ignoring....

no idea what is that.

bun

N810/Diablo/screw up app manager by bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-02 at 04:15.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Did you try apt-get clean?
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
No. I did not.

I reflashed it, and so far so good. Still puzzling what happened.

bun

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I think you can change the Topic to "[SOLVED]" ?
(not sure how to do it)

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Chichester
This has happened to my unit too. As a complete non-programmer, could someone tell me how to try the "Did you try apt-get clean?" that Gemniii42 mentioned? I guess it's using Terminal but attempts to type in "apt-get clean" don't get me anywhere and "apt-get" seems to present data but I don't know where to go from there. Maybe a programming course?!!

Tim

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
I think you can change the Topic to "[SOLVED]" ?
(not sure how to do it)
No. It has NOT been solved. Sorry, I killed it - I reflashed. And I kind of loss interest to put it back now, just not happy. I spent so much energy to fine tune it after the 1st flash upgrade, you know, put in all kinds of niceties, shortcuts, copy my nitty gritty small apps, now it is blank again. Wondering whether history will repeat itself if I did not know what is the problem. Not a good day.

Maybe it is good for both of us to calm down a bit........

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-02 at 13:23.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Sorry to hear that bun! Good luck getting things back in order.

I guess this is why we need someone to draw up a guide showing us how to clone from sd to flash...

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Edit: interesting, now log has changed to the following after another reboot,

apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: matchbox-window-manager 2:1.2-osso18
apt-worker: Ignorin

keeps on going for many many ignoring....

no idea what is that.
bun, I can't shed any light, but I've had this problem for a few days now. This morning, after reading up on "apt-get clean" and "apt-get autoclean" I opted for the latter, but no change.

I still get a boatload of "apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain" log entries.

It hasn't seemed to affect the IT's performance as far as I can tell, except when looking for updates ... which seems to go on forever, especially this morning.

Other info: Upgraded to diablo and then cloned to new 16GB SD and installed bootmenu (both for the first time ever) last week. Maybe there's something in there that does this.

I'm going to boot from flash and see if it's the same there. (As soon as App Mgr finishes and lets me ...)
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

The Following User Says Thank You to DistantFire For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by timsalmon View Post
This has happened to my unit too. As a complete non-programmer, could someone tell me how to try the "Did you try apt-get clean?" that Gemniii42 mentioned? I guess it's using Terminal but attempts to type in "apt-get clean" don't get me anywhere and "apt-get" seems to present data but I don't know where to go from there. Maybe a programming course?!!

Tim
I apologize, I was responding to bunanson, whom I'm pretty sure understood.
Anyways, you have to have root access. Look at the wiki for gainroot.

So then I do:
sudo gainroot
apt-get clean
exit

exit gets me out of root.
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
bun, I can't shed any light, but I've had this problem for a few days now. This morning, after reading up on "apt-get clean" and "apt-get autoclean" I opted for the latter, but no change.

I still get a boatload of "apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain" log entries.

It hasn't seemed to affect the IT's performance as far as I can tell, except when looking for updates ... which seems to go on forever, especially this morning.

Other info: Upgraded to diablo and then cloned to new 16GB SD and installed bootmenu (both for the first time ever) last week. Maybe there's something in there that does this.

I'm going to boot from flash and see if it's the same there. (As soon as App Mgr finishes and lets me ...)
True, it does not seem to affect IT's performance. But you cannot add apps, and cannot delete apps, dont know what versions of apps there and cannot update. I GAWKED at it for half and hr and I pressed the reflash button.........

bun