Ive searched the forum but i couldnt find anything -
I just received my 810 in the mail today. popped in the battery and charged it. then i clicked the on button and nothing happened. i decided to wait to make sure the battery was fully charged and on its own poof it came on...

then i turned it off...

and now...it wont turn back on... it said the battery was fully charged - its plugged into the wall right now - and i click the power button and nothing...

The LED in the upper left is still pulsating...but other than that - not turning on.

any clues?

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Hold the button down for a few seconds
PLEASE use the Wiki

..Holding down the button was the first thing i did...

any other idea?

update: Still no change - the only thing i can remember doing was when i pushed the power button it asked me to select from four options and i chose "turn off"?

Im a pretty tech savvy guy - A+ cert, CCNA, Netplus. But for some reason, this has me stumped!

Ive taken the battery out, waited 10+ seconds and replaced. Nothing happened any different. Removed Power cord and tried turning it on, nothing. Put power cord back in and tried...nothing.

The only thing i can think of is that it is defective? i sure hope not...

Okay - found this little article
http://nokian810blog.com/files/206df...09bd889-8.html
anyone else have this issue?

So - this is interesting... i woke up this morning and i called tech support to see if they knew any reason why this was happening - they said send it back. So i called CompUSA to get my RMA and as i was talking to the rep i pushed the power button (again) and poof...it turned on...i upgraded to diablo then...i hope this is the ONLY hicup.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by josephgene View Post
So - this is interesting... i woke up this morning and i called tech support to see if they knew any reason why this was happening - they said send it back. So i called CompUSA to get my RMA and as i was talking to the rep i pushed the power button (again) and poof...it turned on...i upgraded to diablo then...i hope this is the ONLY hicup.
Well it happens many times for me when i leave the n810 connected to the charger and try to switch it on. So i disconnect the charge and hold the power button for a few seconds and it turns on. After that i plug back the charger. Norhing wrong with the unti.

Yes, that has happened to me as well, but I figured out the solution which sachin007 said.

I just sent it back - exchanged for a new one. Lets hope this next one isnt flawed.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by josephgene View Post
I just sent it back - exchanged for a new one. Lets hope this next one isnt flawed.
My N800 does that, too. I also do what Sachin recommended: unplug the charger, wait for the display to go blank, then press the power button. I've always had to do that, but then again, I rarely turn my N800 off.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson