Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...EBdnYHTIdMoVSQ

It is a quad band cell phone with BT, I believe. Not sure whether there is DUN.

This is NOT a 5 minute thing, it takes some time, so, if you are not very interested. Stop reading now.

You go thru the web sites, it is a 4 steps process (you only have to do 2 though), pick the phone, pick any plan, and go check out, now remove the airtime card and remove your plan, and now pay for your phone for $29.99. If it is NOT $29.99, you have done something wrong

It is a locked phone, so you MAY have to use ATT, or you can buy some unlock card here, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167, to unlock the phone. It costs $7 and 3 weeks waiting time :-). Everything I said is a possibility, dont get upset if any of this fall thru and does NOT work.

Enjoy.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-11-14 at 03:25.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
You have so much time bun!

Thanks anyway!

The Following User Says Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post:
If you register at dealdigs.com you can get $29 back for this deal through paypal. It is an "instant" rebate - if you do everything right you will get your money in 2 days. So, this phone will cost you $5 bottom line + unlock card.

The Following User Says Thank You to godd For This Useful Post:
Just got the confirm letter, I will be getting my refurb nokia 6085 in 48 hrs, will see whether it talk to the tablet. I guess nobody interested in a quad band cellphone, uh? Hopefully this is going to be my phone in world travel

bun

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Here are the specs on that phone. If you dont have a HSCSD phone and you have ATT service it is worth a jump, or get it unlocked for other GSM carriers. Only thing that I have heard, and this was a while ago, that if ATT catches you buying a GoPhone / Prepaid Phone, and using it on a Contract (Postpaid) acct, they will block out the IMEI. Dont know if they still are doing this, but something to be aware of if your intent is to put it on ATT.

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

The Following User Says Thank You to Wireless For This Useful Post:
Thanks Wireless. From your link:

(22) The Nokia 6085 phone is designed to meet Bluetooth Specification 1.2, Headset, Handsfree, Dial-up Networking, Generic Object Exchange, File Transfer, Object Push, Generic Access, Serial Port, Advanced Audio Distribution, Service Discovery Application, Personal Area Network Access Point and SIM Access profiles. To ensure compatibility with other devices with Bluetooth technology, check with the device manufacturer. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.

It has BT with Dial-up Networking. How lucky!

I already have cellphone/data plan in US. This is mainly for me to buy sim cards and use during world travelling. Will see how it goes. I would like to have internet access at all time if it is affordable

bun

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
Hm, I'm intrigued. I've been thinking about buying a (preferably quad band) GSM phone for when I travel after I graduate...might be a good investment.