Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by DeeJay_XB View Post
wlan not working (tested with and without stlc45xx-cal-0.1.2 on sd\partition1)
Not working on which device?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bucuresti
on n800!
not working even if i set ssid manually!!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
You have to backup your settings from a previous Android install, and push it using ADB to the correct area. It has been said before in the forum. This release brakes the WiFi scanning...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ ukiah,ca
how do i get a screen shot..and screen shot apps out there?

Okay guys, too late here so I'm posting my current progress.

http://www.bundyo.org/maemo/nitdroid...id_770.tar.bz2

Kernel and omap-keypad.kl in the archive. Use the last userspace from Solca. The kernel will run, but is still unstable - freezes from time to time, probably due to low memory. I'll see if i can get any swap there. Solca, why do we need phone and voice dialer in the user space? The phone is a service and takes memory too.

omap-keypad.kl goes to /system/usr/keylayout if you want to at least unlock the 770

Forgot to say - no wifi yet, since the driver is different.

EDIT: Its quite unstable yet, don't expect miracles...

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-12-22 at 11:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
NITdroid newb here.

Engadget posted about this and it caught my eye. I've dug out my N800 which has been unused for about 8 months.

Is the best way to start by using the instructions at http://guug.org/nit/nitdroid/ ?

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Originally Posted by Tu13es View Post
NITdroid newb here.

Engadget posted about this and it caught my eye. I've dug out my N800 which has been unused for about 8 months.

Is the best way to start by using the instructions at http://guug.org/nit/nitdroid/ ?
Read: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?p=251617

I just put together a guide.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Okay guys, too late here so I'm posting my current progress.

http://www.bundyo.org/maemo/nitdroid...id_770.tar.bz2

Kernel and omap-keypad.kl in the archive. Use the last userspace from Solca. The kernel will run, but is still unstable - freezes from time to time, probably due to low memory. I'll see if i can get any swap there. Solca, why do we need phone and voice dialer in the user space? The phone is a service and takes memory too.

omap-keypad.kl goes to /system/usr/keylayout if you want to at least unlock the 770

Forgot to say - no wifi yet, since the driver is different.
Is your kernel based of off solca's or did you start from scratch?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Silicon Valley
flashed my n810 to the latest debug kernel and userspace, and put the stlc45xx-cal-0.1.2 on /sdcard

like others have reported, scanning for networks fails, but manually inputting the information works.

adb doesn't work for me ("adb devices" lists nothing), but connecting by usb successfully exports /sdcard

for some reason, the soft keyboard crashes constantly, so i've disabled it

Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
Is your kernel based of off solca's or did you start from scratch?
Both...

I started from a clean linux omap kernel from git with Solca's patches applied on it, but since OMAP1 and 2 don't have much in common you can say that i'm using only the Android related ones

The 1GB Kingston RS-MMC wasn't initializing properly and i had to patch the kernel - consulting with the old 2.6.16 support with fanoush's 48MHz patch applied on it. This probably means that the oldest MMC cards won't work, but you can't put Android in 16 or 64MB anyway. At least it will be fast. That left only two problems at the end - wrong voltage and the EXT_CSD couldn't be read, which were hard to find without debugging (i only had the FB console on my 770, didn't want to solder anything

The touchscreen was inverted on two axes - i used Solca's formula there slightly modified + the old 2.6.16 ls041y3 touch panel filter (not sure if that was needed, but added it anyway ).

That was all i think if we don't count the kernel configuration which is a PITA by itself . I'll post the patches one of these days.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-12-22 at 06:30.

Tags
android, nitdroid