Notices

Is it possible to get the scroll bars, multiple selection ability, and podcast descriptions back?

I like the extra space without the scrollbars but have to agree would like them back. Last night I started a sci-fi old-time radio podcast with 100+ episodes... it was painful trying to scroll all the way down to the bottom for 1st show. The menu would often pop up. A scrollbar toggle in settings should satisfy.

Overall gpodder seems to be working quite well these days... I've dumped it many times in the past out of frustration but have always tried again.

edit: wanted to add that I really like integration with pannuci... it doesn't seem to be working right just yet (bookmarks) but I suppose it will soon get there.

Last edited by chrisak; 2009-03-21 at 01:21.

Going try to use gpodder again and try to sync folders between laptop and tablet now that I got syncing working.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

hey guys,
i've been having problems loading gpodder for a while this is the output that i get when i try to launch gpodder --maemo --verbose

Code:
~ $ gpodder --maemo --verbose
[   2.298] Using ISO-8859-15 as encoding. If this
[   2.301] is incorrect, please set your $LANG variable.[   2.850] (gPodderLib) Creating gPodderLib()
[   2.959] Could not create directory: /home/user/.config/gpodder
[   2.963] (gPodderLib) Cannot move channels.opml from /media/mmc2/gpodder/ to /home/user/.config/gpodder!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/libgpodder.py", line 68, in __init__
    shutil.move(os.path.join(old_dir, filename), os.path.join(gpodder_dir, filename))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 199, in move  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 91, in copy2  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 47, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/.config/gpodder/channels.opml'

[   3.110] (gPodderLib) Cannot move database.sqlite from /media/mmc2/gpodder/ to /home/user/.config/gpodder!
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/libgpodder.py", line 68, in __init__
    shutil.move(os.path.join(old_dir, filename), os.path.join(gpodder_dir, filename))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 199, in move  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 91, in copy2  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 47, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/.config/gpodder/database.sqlite'

[   3.181] (gPodderLib) Cannot move gpodder.conf from /media/mmc2/gpodder/ to /home/user/.config/gpodder!
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf'

[   3.306] Could not create directory: /home/user/.config/gpodder
[   3.582] (Config) Update: videoplayer = default
  File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 185, in <module>
    sys.exit( main())
  File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 140, in main
    from gpodder import console
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/console.py", line 21, in <module>
    from gpodder import download
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/download.py", line 29, in <module>
    from gpodder.libgpodder import gl
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/libgpodder.py", line 517, in <module>
    gl = gPodderLib()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/libgpodder.py", line 123, in __init__
    not db.setup({ 'database': os.path.join(gpodder_dir, 'database.sqlite'), 'gl': self })
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 60, in setup
    self.__check_schema()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 148, in __check_schema
    cur = self.cursor(lock=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 131, in cursor
    return self.db.cursor()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 123, in db
    self._db = sqlite.connect(self.settings['database'], check_same_thread=False)
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
[  64.996] (Config) Flushing settings to disk
Exception in thread Thread-1:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 446, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/config.py", line 296, in save_thread_proc
    self.save()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/config.py", line 317, in save
    raise IOError( 'Cannot write to file: %s' % self.__filename)
IOError: Cannot write to file: /home/user/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf

[  65.091] (Config) Flushing settings to disk
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/config.py", line 300, in __atexit
    self.save()
Error in sys.exitfunc:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/config.py", line 300, in __atexit
    self.save()

I know this was talked about before a little, but thought I would bring it up again in case I missed something. Can gpodder autodownload podcasts on maemo yet? Like it does in linux desktop. If not, is there a time table? Just curious since I could leave my n800 in my car at night in the garage and have the podcasts go directly over wifi into the n800 for me in the morning. Alternatively if a cron job with gpodder --run in xterm would work then let me know. Thanks for a great app, also Panucci too! love it

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by liberum View Post
I know this was talked about before a little, but thought I would bring it up again in case I missed something. Can gpodder autodownload podcasts on maemo yet? Like it does in linux desktop. If not, is there a time table? Just curious since I could leave my n800 in my car at night in the garage and have the podcasts go directly over wifi into the n800 for me in the morning. Alternatively if a cron job with gpodder --run in xterm would work then let me know. Thanks for a great app, also Panucci too! love it
This is going to be easier once the new downloading code is more stable and we have implemented offline mode (i.e. gPodder should know when the tablet is on a WiFi connection and when on cellular and when with no connection). After that, enabling auto-downloading should be an easy exercise.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. I've setup things so that mplayer is used, but find that any MP3-based (probably any non-video based) Podcast now claims "The selected application cannot be found."

All video podcasts (xvid/avi, mov) seem to play as intended. Am I missing a magical flag to mplayer?

(thanks! In the throes of converting to gpodder now!)

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by fattomm View Post
I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. I've setup things so that mplayer is used, but find that any MP3-based (probably any non-video based) Podcast now claims "The selected application cannot be found."

All video podcasts (xvid/avi, mov) seem to play as intended. Am I missing a magical flag to mplayer?

(thanks! In the throes of converting to gpodder now!)
I don't really know the answer to your question, except to ask Why aren't you using Panucci for mp3's with gPodder?

And maybe I know the anwer to your problem: "You also have to set maemo_allow_custom_player=True."

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
I don't really know the answer to your question, except to ask Why aren't you using Panucci for mp3's with gPodder?

And maybe I know the anwer to your problem: "You also have to set maemo_allow_custom_player=True."
Actually, I looked at Panucci -- but all it talked about were MP3s -- obviously I'm looking a quite a few "vidcasts", and a single (audio) podcast. My presumption was that it doesn't do Video. There didn't seem to be an option for seperate Audio/Video players.

WIthout "maemo_allow_custom_player", the old MediaPlayer was all that would start up -- I'm getting mplayer (even with command-line options) working for quite a few Video formats (which is why I'm using it); it just on audio that things are hurting.

I'd like to use it on my N810 -- I use it on my Fedora box (0.11.1) with VLC -- but it seems to (ahem) have challenges on Maemo.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I don't do videos myself, but I think if you look through the thread you'll find that you can send the audio to one place and the videos to another.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Tags
media, podcasts