Active Topics

Notices

Where did you install ibsdl-mixer1.2 1.2.8-1? Maemo has only 1.2.6-4

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Where did you install ibsdl-mixer1.2 1.2.8-1? Maemo has only 1.2.6-4
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ight=Widelands

I am going to remove it now as it isnt necessary and doesnt solve the problem that I can tell...

-John

OK so I removed the RETURN key from opening up the chat window. It was WAY annoying when you were trying to use the arrow keys (errr, DPAD) to move around because when chat is open you can not move.

So the next thing I want to tackle is the emoticons/smilies. You need to press shift and a number key to get one. I have found no way to make that work on a N810 keyboard.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to remap those?

-John

Last edited by tobiasj; 2009-03-26 at 01:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to tobiasj For This Useful Post:
BAH! nevermind. I went into the code to look at the mappings for smilies/emoticons and they were not using unicode there. Which is odd, because they were using it almost everywhere else. So now, you CAN use (well in my latest build) the number keys to show smilies. I recommend using L_Shift to activate smilies however as you have to press that key, the Fn key and the number key all at the same time to make it work, and well, thats almost impossible unless you use L_Shift because you can hold both L_Shift and Fn down with one thumb and then press the number you want...

I need to check and see if shortcuts work or not, may be the same problem and I can fix that up as well...

-John

Shortcuts were the same problem. changed it to using unicode and now they work as well.

Since there have been a few changes now, I decided to post the bin so you can update. You can download just the exec from my website --> tmw (right click and Save Target As) then just plop it over the top of the existing one. (The default location is /home/user/)

-John "Still workin' on the sound" Tobias

Last edited by tobiasj; 2009-03-26 at 13:36.

O.K., forgive my ignorance, but what do I do with the tmw-0.0.28.1-ARMEL.tar.gz file? I installed the dependancies and download the gz file to my removable drive, but when I click on it, my n810 says it does not have an application associated for it. Thanks

Originally Posted by MSchievelbein View Post
O.K., forgive my ignorance, but what do I do with the tmw-0.0.28.1-ARMEL.tar.gz file? I installed the dependancies and download the gz file to my removable drive, but when I click on it, my n810 says it does not have an application associated for it. Thanks
When you download it to the N8x0 go into XTerm, become root however you choose to do so. (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access if you do not already know how to do this...) most everything below has to be done in XTerm as root. (well, actually now that I think about it, it probably can be done as user, but in case there is something that cant, do it as root...)

First get to the root of the filesystem:
(cd /)

Then when at root, copy the .tar.gz from where ever you downloaded it to / by using the copy command:
(cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/tmw-0.0.28.1-ARMEL.tar.gz / )

Then uncompress it using:
( tar -xzvf tmw-0.0.28.1-ARMEL.tar.gz )

This will install everything where it belongs. (well it should anyway...)

Then you can download the most recent tmw binary from my 1st post or the one a couple posts up and copy it over the original using:
(cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/tmw /home/user/)

You may also have to set the permissions on this file to make it run:
(chmod +x /home/user/tmw)

Now you should (SHOULD) have an icon (though a broken one) in extras called The Mana World and you can click on it to start the game.

If you already knew a bunch of this I apologize, but I thought there might be some out there that didn't know it. (but were afraid to ask..)

I will make a Deb file as soon as I either fix sound or give up on fixing it.

-John

Last edited by tobiasj; 2009-03-26 at 15:11. Reason: forgot a step

As I have given up for the time being on sound (it seems no one but me wants it anyway...) I have packaged this up into a deb for easier installation.

You can get the package from my website at n8ftl.com/maemo

You still have to install the libs first manually though the package will not let you install unless they are and will list them as depends in package manager.

when and if I get sound working I will create a supplementary package to install whatever patching I need as well as the music files.

Enjoy!
-John

Where is the source for the Mana World?

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Where is the source for the Mana World?
The original sources are available here -> The Mana World

My modified sources are ugly and butcherd and I am going to start from scratch with clean code, put all the changes into #IfDef's so that the code is readable and proper then I will post mine. I really didnt have to change much however. Only some resolution settings and changing keysym.sym for keysym.unicode in a few places where they had not already made that change. (about half were already unicode) The hardest part was finding and installing all the deps.

-John