Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I thought I already did this??

55 people voted for a dark theme, not 1 person???? Over 70% of users that were polled?

I am seriously confused??

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28674
Well, looking at those who voted 'yes' on that poll, it looks like some of those members now like the current theme, after the suggested modifications were made, and some prefer the classic theme. If that poll had an 'I prefer the classic theme' option, it would have been better.

Also, I hope you get to discuss with those who prefer the classic theme, if they would agree with a classic black theme.

Let's try to aim for just one extra theme. If that's the case, what would it be?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Well, I suggest you start by checking how many wants the dark theme back vs the classic theme.

Some other things to get info about:

- is it ok to have the standard maemo menus at the top?
- for those who want the classic theme, will they agree on a classic black theme?
- etc, etc. -- your call.
I believe the black + classic theme folks would gladly take either one over the present theme. Personally, I prefer the classic theme. It's proven, it's functional, it works, people are accustom to it, and from an admin perspective it's fairly straight forward to setup compared to ... say the new theme. Perhaps you want to make a new thread with a poll asking black vs classic. I have a feeling it's one of those "Either! Anything is better than what we have now!" type things.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Well, looking at those who voted 'yes' on that poll, it looks like some of those members now like the current theme, after the suggested modifications were made, and some prefer the classic theme. If that poll had an 'I prefer the classic theme' option, it would have been better.

Also, I hope you get to discuss with those who prefer the classic theme, if they would agree with a classic black theme.

Let's try to aim for just one extra theme. If that's the case, what would it be?

Please look at this bug:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4467

To me this could solve all the problems and give many choices instead of one.

Seriously Reggie, this game is getting old.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
I believe the black + classic theme folks would gladly take either one over the present theme. Personally, I prefer the classic theme. It's proven, it's functional, it works, people are accustom to it, and from an admin perspective it's fairly straight forward to setup compared to ... say the new theme. Perhaps you want to make a new thread with a poll asking black vs classic. I have a feeling it's one of those "Either! Anything is better than what we have now!" type things.
Good suggestion. Now if both you and PB put your minds together, we'll have a better, more targeted poll.

Please look at this bug:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4467

To me this could solve all the problems and give many choices instead of one.

Seriously Reggie, this game is getting old.
But then, who wants that? Where did that suggestion come from? ..and with only 3 votes?

Think of it this way, if it will take a month's work developing a feature like that, will it be worth it? Bundyo actually voluteered to do something like that btw. I did give him access to the sandbox, but I don't think he has started yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
If only a single member now wants the dark theme back, I don't see the reason why we need to bring it back.
It almost sounds as though penguinbait needs to (ugh!) run another poll.
  • The new talk theme is looking pretty good now, thanks.
  • The new Minimalist theme should meet my minimalist needs (and data connection).
  • My beret and I will accept the dark Minimalist theme.
  • I'd like the Classic theme. Like my Members Only jacket, it never goes out of style.
  • I'd like a dark version of the new talk theme. Change doesn't frighten me, but orange on white burns like the hideous day star.
  • I require a dark theme, but not dark Minimalist or anything with this new layout. Keep lining them up, and I'll keep knocking them down.
  • Hello Kitty. Now!
  • Think Hamster Dance. Think old GeneralAntilles avatar. Think remix.

What other options should be included?

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-05-07 at 20:34. Reason: adding strong emphasis to key words

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Personally Id like to have the option of a button that I could click and the hot chick that lives next door would then be ringing my bell wearing nothing but a smile. LOL

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post

How about asking something like: Which new theme should be created?

- A black background theme with the same format of the current white background theme
- A black background theme like the old ITT format
- Classic theme (blue background, [whatever other info is appropriate])
- Any dark theme would do
- Any black theme would do
- Any format other then the current one will do

Just throwing out some ideas.

Last edited by mullf; 2009-05-07 at 01:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
  • The new talk theme is looking pretty good now, thanks.
  • The new Minimalist theme should meet my minimalist needs (and data connection).
  • My beret and I will accept the dark Minimalist theme.
  • I'd like the Classic theme. Like my Members Only jacket, it never goes out of style.
  • I'd like a dark version of the new talk theme. Change doesn't frighten me, but orange on white burns like the hideous day star.
  • I require a dark theme, but not dark Minimalist or anything with this new layout. Keep lining them up, and I'll keep knocking them down.
  • Hello Kitty. Now!
  • Think Hamster Dance. Think old GeneralAntilles avatar. Think remix.

Perhaps you need to learn to read, it was Reggie who wants to run a poll.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Perhaps you need to learn to read, it was Reggie who wants to run a poll.
Penguinbait, I think you need a hug and to take some time to calm down a little.

{{{HUGS}}}