Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I'm a big fan of Twitter and I was hoping that there would be some way of posting quick updates short of going to the homepage via the browser when on the tablet. Maybe a home-page widget or app.

So, I searched around and found some older threads that mentions two options:

1) Mauku http://mauku.henrikhedberg.com/ , and
2) Mitter http://code.google.com/p/mitter/

Does anyone have any recent experience with these options and if there maybe is something else out there that is developed for this purpose?

Thanks!

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I don't have any experience with Mitter, but Mauku works great, and is really designed around the tablet. But, check both of them out. See which one you like better. You can always uninstall programs!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
I don't have any experience with Mitter, but Mauku works great, and is really designed around the tablet. But, check both of them out. See which one you like better. You can always uninstall programs!
Thanks, the only problem with Mauku the way I see it is that I need a Jaiku account and I signed up a few days ago for one but have not heard anything from them.

Does anyone here have any to share?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ London
I've a jaiku invite, PM me if you want one

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You don't need a Jaiku account, it can run as a Twitter-only app. In fact, the Jaiku support has been particularly frustrating for me. But I second TrueJournals on the thumbs-up for Mauku as a tablet-oriented Twitter client.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qviri View Post
I've a jaiku invite, PM me if you want one
Funny JUST as I read that I received an email from Jaiku saying I should be getting an invite in the next 24 hours

But, if that doesn't happen I will be more than happy to take you up on your kind offer.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I'm a big fan of Twitter and I was hoping that there would be some way of posting quick updates short of going to the homepage via the browser when on the tablet. Maybe a home-page widget or app.

1) Mauku http://mauku.henrikhedberg.com/ , and
There will be a new version of Mauku for Fremantle consisting of both the application and a widget. Mauku will use a brand new backend. It will support Twitter even better, and also Twitter compatible services, such as Identi.ca and Qaiku. The backend could be ported to Diablo also, but I do not have plans for that yet, so you have to use old Mauku for a while in N810/N800.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Mitter was first brought to the tablet by qwerty, I believe, but I don't think the latest versions have been ported. It worked fine while it lasted, though. Mauku is ok.

Again, I also use Twitter using Mauku and I don't have a Jaiku account. You don't need one...unless you want one.