Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I installed MyTube but when trying to play a video all I get is a small square, about an inch wide showing a very garbled video in purple/green.

I can see that the homepage lists some dependencies but none of those links seems to work. I know I got mplayer.

Will I manually have to jot down these apps and go and track them down one by one?

I tried to download Python 2.5 but got an error about application package missing. Sigh.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-06-20 at 08:01.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
I use MediaBox Media Center for YouTube - since the Canola plugin stopped working. Rather prefer MediaBox overall now.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=26788. Post back if question
Install the latest mplayer, i think it is .29 and use the command dpkg .... to automatically dl dependency files. This command structure works for any apps that require dependence provided the repositories are enabled/internet is up/root things like that. Have to turn off app manager when running.
bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-21 at 13:29.

Just saw this thread as I am searching for a solution for a MyTube problem. Maybe I should post a new thread?

Anyways, when I try to open any of the selections I get a "connection reset by peer" error. At first I thought it had to do with my altered hosts file (for ad blocking) but restoring the original hosts file did not fix this, and no other web connected app seems to be affected. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing. Has anyone seen this issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to HowHH For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HowHH View Post
Just saw this thread as I am searching for a solution for a MyTube problem. Maybe I should post a new thread?

Anyways, when I try to open any of the selections I get a "connection reset by peer" error. At first I thought it had to do with my altered hosts file (for ad blocking) but restoring the original hosts file did not fix this, and no other web connected app seems to be affected. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing. Has anyone seen this issue?
I could never get MyTube to download properly through my bluetooth-connected Alltel sellphone on EVDO. It simply wouldn't connect to the server that way. Worked fine on wifi.

Then, the geniuses uploaded @scene to maemo, which is simply a much better app. @scene never fails to download through my sellphone or wifi links.

Dump MyTube and install @Scene and I bet your problems all go away.....

Originally Posted by w4csc View Post
Dump MyTube and install @Scene
I haven't had a problem with MyTube until today. I especially liked the full-screen playback. Does @scene also do full-screen playback?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by HowHH View Post
Does @scene also do full-screen playback?
Yep, and more.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
i don't like @scene.
is their a way to make mplayer work in full 16:9?

i hate how it plays boxy videos.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Stefan W (zaph) was thinking the same way I was.

"I would like to see the videos fullscreen and without the borders left and right. As a quick fix (for me) I have changed
the fullscreen parameters -fs (in ystreamer.py) to -vf crop=320:192."

source: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=623&atid=2345

::: is there a easy way I could do this?