Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by gerstavros View Post
I just thought it could be the R&D mode that i had enabled.
R&D mode drains the battery at a much higher rate.

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
R&D mode drains the battery at a much higher rate.
What do you mean?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
What do you mean?
I suppose I should have written: R&D mode may cause the battery to be drained at a higher rate and should be disabled in order to eliminate it as the source of the problem. Please see "Battery drain with Diablo 4.2008.23-14".

By itself R&D mode shouldn't cause problems, but if any software on your tablet happens to use the R&D mode flag to enable debugging or otherwise change behaviour, battery life could suffer. Along those lines, there have been reports on the mailing lists, in Bugzilla, and in the forums of tablets miraculously regaining good battery runtimes once R&D mode is disabled.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-06-24 at 15:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I suppose I should have written: R&D mode may cause the battery to be drained at a higher rate and should be disabled in order to eliminate it as the source of the problem. Please see "Battery drain with Diablo 4.2008.23-14".

By itself R&D mode shouldn't cause problems, but if any software on your tablet happens to use the R&D mode flag to enabled debugging or otherwise change behaviour, battery life could suffer. Along those lines, there have been reports on the mailing lists, in Bugzilla, and in the forums of tablets miraculously regaining good battery runtimes once R&D mode is disabled.
Oh man, you should tell me that an hour ago! Now i reflashed.... But thanks! Now i know and i 'll not leave it enabled again

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on May 2009 @ England
If you read the above posts, you 'll see that the problem wasn't neither metalayer-crawler nor USBcontrol.
BAD NEWS: the problem isn't solved... I'm gonna reflash...
Maybe not for you, But someone asked what I found helped. I was replying to that post

Originally Posted by Stupid Little Genius View Post
Maybe not for you, But someone asked what I found helped. I was replying to that post
Οκ. Νο problem