Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I haven't seen anyone mention Elite. That was a classic game. I had something similar on my Palm V years ago that worked so any of the tablets should be able to eat it. Combine that with Accelerometer control for flying in the space sequences and you'll have a very interesting twist on the original.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Jagged Alliance 2 would be nice. Apparently it already runs on NX0 so I suppose it would be relatively straightforward to get it running also on N900.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=16138

I think that JA2 would be quite an optimal game for N900: a turn based strategy game that does not have too complicated controls.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
final fantasy 7

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Any particular reason? I'd like to see it available so i will take a look when i get a chance. Could you please tell me what you changed for your port?
I have enough to do without freeciv, and I really don't play it. I don't remember what the changes are but they can be reviewed from the source package.

This thread should be moved to Games section.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ New Hampshire, USA
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention Elite. That was a classic game.
What platform was that?

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention Elite. That was a classic game. I had something similar on my Palm V years ago that worked so any of the tablets should be able to eat it. Combine that with Accelerometer control for flying in the space sequences and you'll have a very interesting twist on the original.
I had that on the BBC way back when.
How would it be useful to use the accelerometer? If you are on the train waving the phone about you can't actually see where you're going.

Anyone remember the ECM system ?

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Well I remember in the late 70's to mid 80's the games I saw a lot in arcades were
Joust (landscape)
Dig Dug (portrait)
Stargate (landscape)
Centipede (portrait) bluetooth trackball maybe
Tempest - bluetooth trackwheel
I'll edit this post later.
Galaga

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Well I remember in the late 70's to mid 80's the games I saw a lot in arcades were
Joust (landscape)
Dig Dug (portrait)
Stargate (landscape)
Centipede (portrait) bluetooth trackball maybe
Tempest - bluetooth trackwheel
I'll edit this post later.
Galaga
Ah, the arcade immortals. How about some screenshots? You're in luck--i just took these today.

Attached Images

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful