Anyone managed to get the TV-out working?

I've just tried it on my TV, all I got was black and white pictures with no sound.

My TV doesn't have the usual Yellow-Red-White rather it has this format:

I have no idea which cable should go where!
In order to get pictures, I plugged the yellow cable to the Green slot that said Y..got the pictures but it's in black and white.
Plugging the other Red+White cables into the Red-White slots on the left and the right didn't give me any sound!

My TV is UK PAL and the TV-Out is set to PAL.

You're out of luck. Like your situation, I recently purchased a new 1080p monitor/tv that only has component/hdmi/vga/dvi inputs. There are no composite inputs so I can do tv out with my n95/n900. You're only hope is to purchase a composite->component box that converts the yellow input into r/g/b

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Does your TV have a scart connector? They sometimes (usually?) accept composite input. You just need a simple cheap adapter that has scart in one end and composite connectors on other end. That is how I connect composite devices to my TV.

If you have a scart connector then check you TV manual if it supports composite.

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post

I've just tried it on my TV, all I got was black and white pictures with no sound.

My TV doesn't have the usual Yellow-Red-White rather it has this format:

I have no idea which cable should go where!
In order to get pictures, I plugged the yellow cable to the Green slot that said Y..got the pictures but it's in black and white.
Plugging the other Red+White cables into the Red-White slots on the left and the right didn't give me any sound!

My TV is UK PAL and the TV-Out is set to PAL.
Dude, you're using the wrong connector. What you have on your tv is a component input (which if IIRC has blue, green and red). It goes something like one cable carries luminosity (that's why you get black&white), one color and one.... well, i', not sure. Anyway, you're not putting it in right [that's what she said! - sorry couldn't resist]
Remember, those jacks are color-coded for a reason. On the cable that goes into the phone: yellow carries the video, and white&red are the 2 sound channels. Your tv might not have all the connectors needed
And yes, scart uses composite input. It's what it was designed for

Last edited by MrGrim; 2009-11-27 at 08:13.

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
There have not been any reports of issues with the TV-Out..at least when the right cables are used

Works great. Plug it in and the N900 desktop shows up instantly.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
There have not been any reports of issues with the TV-Out..at least when the right cables are used

Works great. Plug it in and the N900 desktop shows up instantly.
Yeah, you do not have to change anything in the settings except for NTSC/PAL.
If your new HDTV doesn't have composite input (the 3 output cables from the n900), it probably has scart. Just buy that little adapter and it will work just fine.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
You're out of luck. Like your situation, I recently purchased a new 1080p monitor/tv that only has component/hdmi/vga/dvi inputs. There are no composite inputs so I can do tv out with my n95/n900. You're only hope is to purchase a composite->component box that converts the yellow input into r/g/b
There are devices that let you convert from composite to vga, dvi or component, but they are rather expensive. Just google composite to vga for example.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Works for me. My TV has the right holes. You tube volume is poor though - and the rendering not HD.

http://revdkathy.tumblr.com/post/259...-pic-of-itself

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by revdkathy View Post
works for me. My tv has the right holes. You tube volume is poor though - and the rendering not hd.

http://revdkathy.tumblr.com/post/259...-pic-of-itself
omfg spacehole, the speed is over 9000!!!111!!

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
The TV-out cable for the N900 ends in three RCA plugs: yellow, red, white.

If you have corresponding sockets on your TV, it plugs straight in.

If you don't have the yellow/red/white sockets on your TV, check out anything else that's plugged into your TV. Devices such as VCRs, DVD recorders and hard disk recorders often have RCA input sockets.

Still no luck? If your TV or any connected device has a SCART socket, you just need a very cheap adaptor (£1.45 from Amazon.co.uk, also available at any Radio Shack, Maplin, etc).

Regards,
Roger

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post: