Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
just spoke to vodafone - and they said allthough it's a fair usage allowance they do not cut of people for going over a few times. So i explained that i have the N900 (Good phone he said!) and that i'm setting it up and downloading alot, he said not to panic - it's expected that you will go over in your first month, but expect to get a warning letter if i hit 3 GB+! :0

Anyway, the reason why i called vodafone was for something else - so may help new voda contract peoples.

I notice flickr is blocked because of content restriction. So went to the voda forums and tried to register. Couldnt register with account details, that i don't have!

Called 191 - spoke to a nice guy on the other end, restriction removed in 30 seconds, works fine. and he sent me an email to my account with auto-registration for the voda forums/account details etc

Very simple, and was very impressed!! - so you don't have to wait for your account number to arrive

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Hi noobmonkey, I have ordered N900 with Voda as well. I am wondering when will my new contract start. I am about to go on holiday on 13th Dec so I would rather like to start my contract when I get back on 1st Jan... Is the new contract intialized when they send out the phone or is inserting the SIM card to mobile the trigger? Thanks!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
just spoke to vodafone - and they said allthough it's a fair usage allowance they do not cut of people for going over a few times. So i explained that i have the N900 (Good phone he said!) and that i'm setting it up and downloading alot, he said not to panic - it's expected that you will go over in your first month, but expect to get a warning letter if i hit 3 GB+! :0

Anyway, the reason why i called vodafone was for something else - so may help new voda contract peoples.

I notice flickr is blocked because of content restriction. So went to the voda forums and tried to register. Couldnt register with account details, that i don't have!

Called 191 - spoke to a nice guy on the other end, restriction removed in 30 seconds, works fine. and he sent me an email to my account with auto-registration for the voda forums/account details etc

Very simple, and was very impressed!! - so you don't have to wait for your account number to arrive
Thank you very, very much for clearing this up.

Originally Posted by t0mbola View Post
Hi noobmonkey, I have ordered N900 with Voda as well. I am wondering when will my new contract start. I am about to go on holiday on 13th Dec so I would rather like to start my contract when I get back on 1st Jan... Is the new contract intialized when they send out the phone or is inserting the SIM card to mobile the trigger? Thanks!
I checked that last week - my contract was started the moment i activated the sim card (Turned the phone on with it in)

Before i did that, i put my work voda sim card in it for a day. - checked it was all fine, then put the new one in

(Means you can check the device without starting the contract)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Thank you very, very much for clearing this up.
more then welcome - we almost need a specific faq page for MD orders on voda lol
This thread will have to do hehe

I checked that last week - my contract was started the moment i activated the sim card (Turned the phone on with it in)

Before i did that, i put my work voda sim card in it for a day. - checked it was all fine, then put the new one in

(Means you can check the device without starting the contract)
So I can just wait till 1st Jan and insert Voda SIM then, right?

I am also interested in Skype. Can you make Skype calls over 3G? If not can you at least use skype chat?

Thanks!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I am also interested in Skype. Can you make Skype calls over 3G? If not can you at least use skype chat?

Thanks!
You can... you just aren't supposed to. Ports aren't blocked or anything. Like tethering I guess.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Rochdale UK

Thanx for that but im on T-mobile anyone know wot is there policy? And wot is acctual limit for wab&walk?

So I can just wait till 1st Jan and insert Voda SIM then, right?

Dont think so, what if you never use the sim do you have a phone for nothing?