Active Topics

Poll: Capacitive or Resistive?
Poll Options
Capacitive or Resistive?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by God View Post
Capacitive + Keyboard = Sex
dear god, did you never had sex, or why is it that you make such a statement?

Originally Posted by gecebekcisi View Post
With a resistive screen, you can't use hi-contrast OLED displays for the sake of daytime readability but you can use any object. With a capacitive screen, power saving OLED display would be matched with power hungry and very finger sensitive screen.

No exact winners here, so need to feel the device first.
huh?
the samsung jet has an AMOLED-display with a resistive screen, and its readability in daytime is just normal (next to the fact that the jet has the sexiest screen of all mobile phones and i know i WILL be diappointed by the n900-screen). i dont see how this is going to be a problem.

Last edited by msa; 2009-12-10 at 02:02.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
I just want a stylus. Beyond that I don't care one bit.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Actually...

Sex = Resistive + keyboard = Orgasm!

I love it when the virgins are guessing what sex is all about

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
I love it when the virgins are guessing what sex is all about
I was born in the 70's... don't know about you

Originally Posted by thinh View Post
capacitive>resistive

why can't you have both? lol resistive isn't as responsive as capacitive
And capacitative isn't as accurate as resistive (resulting in requiring big finger friendly buttons for everything). Or having the user zoom in to hit any target.

The ideal is something that provides the responsiveness and ease of capacitative with the accuracy of resisitve.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
I always thought resistive was bad when I had my previous capacitive phones, but the N900 completely proved me wrong.

-Socrates 469 BC

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spinnukur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
The only good reason i could find to put capacitive touch on next device is so it can play iphone game.. no thx. Resistive for me.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by thinh View Post
capacitive>resistive
Why, though? I can think of one more disadvantages to capacitive (can't use anything besides finger) than i can to resistive (none). Is anyone who is clamoring for capacitive basing that on a comparison of the two, or just parroting Engadget's mindless minions?

I think that Nokia's bowing to the mindless minions starting at Maemo 6 devices, but i wish they wouldn't.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
Originally Posted by msa View Post
huh?
the samsung jet has an AMOLED-display with a resistive screen, and its readability in daytime is just normal (next to the fact that the jet has the sexiest screen of all mobile phones and i know i WILL be diappointed by the n900-screen). i dont see how this is going to be a problem.
There seems to be a bunch of phones with resistive screen usage on an OLED display, I admit being unable to try any of them and just speaking theoretically.
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin