Active Topics

Originally Posted by egrims View Post
Interesting. At this point I'm only mac and linux so that could be a problem...I'm surprised it's not as mac friendly when the support linux based tablets.

I sent them an e-mail too, hopefully it's positive.
I also have an IMAC and just use sling on it. I did see they have a beta now for hava but have not tried it.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
How do you like the Hava compared to the Solo? I have a Solo too and was looking at the Hava Titanium. Especially if I can get it to my N900.

Which would you prefer if you had to choose?
I also have a Hava box and have used a Slingbox in the past. I like that the Hava can act like a rudimentary DVR recording standard MPEG2 streams on an attached hard disk, or you can stream to the Windows client. It can also act like a source for a Win MCE computer, but I could never get it to set up in Vista due to an unrelated IR receiver problem. The Slingbox has a slightly better picture on low bandwidth connections and because of the remote mode will react much faster than the Hava. But the Hava has an S60 and N8xx client. I had my slingbox on my N95 until I had to factory reset and found the free player was no longer there. I also had it running in Wine, but not well. The Hava only works in Windows as far as PCs go.

I really hope they port the player over to the N900.

So I'm not going to lie, it's pretty strange that your username is Eric G. My name is Eric G. Your last name isn't Grimes is it? That would be really weird...

This is what I got from HAVA:

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting HAVA Support.

Support for N9xx Series is in Plan and will be supported in near future.

Thank you for choosing HAVA.

HAVA Support
1-866-YES-HAVA
09:00 PST to 21:00 PST
Monday to Saturday
support@myhava.com
http://www.myhava.com/support.html

The Following User Says Thank You to egrims For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
So I'm not going to lie, it's pretty strange that your username is Eric G. My name is Eric G. Your last name isn't Grimes is it? That would be really weird...

This is what I got from HAVA:

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting HAVA Support.

Support for N9xx Series is in Plan and will be supported in near future.

Thank you for choosing HAVA.

HAVA Support
1-866-YES-HAVA
09:00 PST to 21:00 PST
Monday to Saturday
support@myhava.com
http://www.myhava.com/support.html
Small world. No, my last name isn't Grimes. I hope you weren't the inspiration for Frank, the man who had to struggle for everything he got in life. Of course, you had to wait on the N900, so maybe...

At any rate, that's great news. I hadn't heard anything from Hava and the message boards have been dead for months, so I was wondering if they were still around. I heard they got sued for GPL violations, so it may have been possible.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
any update on this?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
you can stream your sling via their flash version website (http://www.sling.com/live_tv), which would be fine for the n900 since it supports flash, but doesn't look like its supported on any *nix platform yet. wish they'll do that then we don't really need an "app" though would be nice to have one nontheless, but seems less likely.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridge UK
Sling doesn't work with the N900 yet because they install a plugin into the browser, which none of our browsers support.

Things might change with flash 10.1 though.

Do not believe anything Hava says. They had a beta version of Symbian v5 client over a year ago and it worked like crap. They keep saying that they are soon releasing it. The customer support always says they are developing something but they have not released a new mobile player in ages.

Anyone have an update or know of a Slingbox viewing solution on the N900?

2d

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
I got a slingbox solo sitting on top of my cable box collecting dust since I got the n900 and dropped winmo. Really wish they make an app for the n900