Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Good! More people getting theirs! Now please, if anyone has a G1, please tell me your signal in low signal (one bar areas) using the G1. My N900 sucks for coverage in those areas and I get either "no data connection", or "no cellular service", which takes care of data as well, of course.

Most of the people I have been messaging back and forth with confirm the N900 has weak reception in one bar areas- but they are afraid to be shunned as naysayers. Some here report they have better reception- I want THEIR N900 since mine has the weakest 2G signal device I have owned or tested.
I don't know about one bar areas. But sometimes when I'm in this building I only have one bar due to how thick the walls are and how big the building is. It does report no data connection (and occasionally no cellullar connection) but after I wait a while it goes to two bars or it remains at one bar but works.

Edit: Well this is strange.. when I wasn't using the n900 it just reported 2.5G (EDGE). Yet when I opened up a gtalk session to my sister it switched into 3.5 (HSPA) which is only used for data, not voice.

But where's the 3G? o.O

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-12-11 at 22:18.

Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Yeah, they told me the same thing, with an order from 11/5. I told them where they could stick it.
Yeah look at the google spreadsheet. It really pisses me off when I see all the people who ordered at the end of November and they have their phone now. Olighak, if you really receive 3 more N900's I might have to come kick your ***.

Those are phones that could've gone to one of us who don't have one while you are trying to make an extra buck by nickle and diming people on ebay.

Last edited by zartan; 2009-12-11 at 22:31.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by ocnsee6gurl View Post
what was your order date?
My order date was the 8th of December with an original delivery date of the 14th. Dell.com still shows 14th as the delivery date but the rep told me January.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
Many of us ordered on 11/5 and were pushed back to 1/20/2010.

to file a BBB complaint go to:

http://centraltx.bbb.org/Find-Business-Reviews/

search for dell and click file a complaint under Dell Inc
is that okay if i take your links and create a new thread enouraging people who are dis satisfied with dell to take vent thier frustration?

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by gadget88 View Post
here u go..
is that okay if i take your screen shot that your provided? I plan to create a new thread so the people who purchased it much earlier and still haven't received it can assemble and make reputable complaints

Just filed my complaint. Everyone else should do the same! Is that new thread started?
-------Kham

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ southern California, USA
Originally Posted by kevmanoeil View Post
My order date was the 8th of December with an original delivery date of the 14th. Dell.com still shows 14th as the delivery date but the rep told me January.
I also ordered the same date as you but got an estimated delivery of dec. 16th. I canceled my 11/27 order earlier this week. It had an estimated date was 02/02/2010 and hasn't changed since so i canceled. Hopefully, this order will be a different story.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
At this moment, I am completely tempted to go to Verizon and purchase a droid. Being a loyal customer of Nokia for years things like this just make me lose faith.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ southern California, USA
just checked online and my estimated delivery got updated to Jan.12th

Mine got updated to the 12th as well (while my 11/5 order is still sitting at 1/18 for some reason).

I just ordered it from Amazon in hopes that they will actually have it on the 16th. I'll just cancel with Dell and file that complaint too.

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard