Active Topics

Hi nsxman99,

I definitely want to remote control my n900, from my PC desktop, just how mymobiler works.

I dont know how to instal SSH, i am just a novice and wouldnt be able to start

For some reason, i cant VNC from my phone to laptop, so if I cant even do that, I defintely dont know how to do vice-versa; which is what I am after.

I just hope someone creates a mymobiler quality type tool, for a novice like me to install

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tennessee, USA
I can definitely sympathize with the novice feeling. I'm not a linux pro by any stretch of the imagination. I think the best sort of advice I can give at this point would be to just try some new things that you might think are difficult. Getting a handle on the command line is important. Once you have even a light grasp there, everything else will just sort of start falling into place. I hope you enjoy your N900 otherwise, though. It's an impressive piece of hardware.

I'm curious... how does mymobiler connect to the PC without being on the same Network???

USB?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
USB or bluetooth presumably

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
USB or bluetooth presumably
mymobiler can use both usb or bluetooth. its a super little software, and all FREE

cant wait for an n900 equivalent

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
does this only work in one direction or also bidirectional?
ie: can you control your pc with the n900 as well?

i have a program for my nintendo ds, where i see the desktop of my computer and i'm able to use the touchscreen just like a mouse.
that would be a nice thing to do with the n900 (given that the desktop refreshes in a relativily fast framerate. the ds-program refreshes the desktop on the ds every 2 seconds or so on the fastest setting)

Originally Posted by msa View Post
does this only work in one direction or also bidirectional?
ie: can you control your pc with the n900 as well?

i have a program for my nintendo ds, where i see the desktop of my computer and i'm able to use the touchscreen just like a mouse.
that would be a nice thing to do with the n900 (given that the desktop refreshes in a relativily fast framerate. the ds-program refreshes the desktop on the ds every 2 seconds or so on the fastest setting)
I have not seen such an app, but I am waiting for one.... this will justify the n900 for me

That is what VNC is for. Same thing as remote desktop.. Unless I'm not understand you..
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
That is what VNC is for. Same thing as remote desktop.. Unless I'm not understand you..
i am looking for an app, software tool, or some sort of solution, for me to remote my n900 from my PC....

n900 to PC I am using rdesktop which is fine.

PC to n900 - I still not found a solution....

Originally Posted by ironpalmstrike View Post
PC to n900 - I still not found a solution....
There is an appliation which allows you to VNC to an existing X-server. It's called, appropriately, X11vnc. There is a port for Maemo 5, but it's currently in the Maemo Extras Development repository. It's functional, but it has a few annoying quirks that need to be worked out (like hitting Enter remotely on the X Terminal brings up the virtual keyboard.)