Active Topics

Notices

Thank you flux.

Now, smsimporter is working.

I only see one strange thing: in the sms's list, is showing the phone's number instead the name, but when i see the sms's detail, it shows the name.

JRFS

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
smsimporter is filling storage_time, start_time, end_time fields, but for some unknown reason storage_time was always set to current date. So, maybe this is the problem, but I'm not sure.
After running smsimporter, I updated the el.db with sqlite3 with "update events set storage_time = start_time" and the order in the conversation view didn't change (even after a reboot). I'm thinking it uses the ID numbers for ordering, so I suppose I will try to renumber the messages at some point. (..I hope there are no references to the ID-number, it didn't look that way..) However, I will likely try it only once I get to import very many more messages from my old trusty 9300i - once I get its display fixed..

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by flux View Post
There's a fatal problem in the code. No memory is allocated to delimiter, which causes the segmentation faults. (But it does indeed at least try to detect the delimiter despite earlier comments, perhaps it was added to version 0.2?) By happy coincidence it sometimes works, though . The fix is simple, though, I put the patch here: http://modeemi.fi/~flux/software/mae...iter-fix.patch
. A compiled binary (only the binary!) is at http://modeemi.fi/~flux/software/maemo/smsimporter (..until I remove it).

Thanks for this very useful piece of software!
So for us Noobs what do we do with the updates? Is there a zip we can download and save over the smsimporter that was giving segment errors?

Woo-hoo!

rmoravcik and flux: Thank you so much for this tool!!!
This was something I was looking for since the first day I got my N900!
Finally I got all my messages back on my mobile.

Thanks and have a nice christmas :-)

flux, seems like you and me had the same idea
I somehow managed to compile a binary for myself using delimiter = malloc(2); and it worked flawlessly for me.

rmoravcik, please incorporate this fix

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
There's a fatal problem in the code. No memory is allocated to delimiter, which causes the segmentation faults. (But it does indeed at least try to detect the delimiter despite earlier comments, perhaps it was added to version 0.2?) By happy coincidence it sometimes works, though . The fix is simple, though, I put the patch here: http://modeemi.fi/~flux/software/mae...iter-fix.patch
. A compiled binary (only the binary!) is at http://modeemi.fi/~flux/software/maemo/smsimporter (..until I remove it).

Thanks for this very useful piece of software!
FINALLY got it to work (& learned a few linux commands too) thanks to everyone that worked on this useful utility!

hmm nearly there - it seems the terminal commands are working and it seems like it 'did' something however no sms'es have been imported.

I have mms's in my csv document - could this be the issue? Im trying to import 1000 messages too. Anyone else got the same issues?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
I try to import about 1200 SMS from my old E90. After them i see new group & message in my N900.
But after a short time the application message started crashing. I had to delete a file el.db and only if the performance was restored. I think there is a limit on the number of messages, after which the program is crumbling.

After running smsimporter, I updated the el.db with sqlite3 with "update events set storage_time = start_time" and the order in the conversation view didn't change (even after a reboot). I'm thinking it uses the ID numbers for ordering, so I suppose I will try to renumber the messages at some point. (..I hope there are no references to the ID-number, it didn't look that way..) However, I will likely try it only once I get to import very many more messages from my old trusty 9300i - once I get its display fixed..
I had tried this a few days ago with the same result. Could it be perhaps that Conversations caches the order and there just hasn't been a trigger to refresh the records? When rtcom-eventlogger methods are used to insert records, for example, a D-Bus signal is sent to notify applications about the change. Since we modified the db directly, no such signal was sent. That said, I don't know if there is a signal for changes in storage_time. For more details, see http://maemo.gitorious.org/maemo-rtc...es/Eventlogger.

Is there a way to determine what field(s) the Conversations application is using to determine sort order?

Stupid question. But is there a way to export all messages from N900 to csv or any other easily editable format. Rearrange messages and then export them all back to the phone? I unterstood that content from this csv file looks correctly in N900 but the existing messages in the phone are not in right timeline with the csv file content...

Sorry I read this thread trough about 10 times. But still didn't find out what this smsexporter actually does? Any one used it?