Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
orange- yes its a device- but when you are sitting down watching some boring location programme/or what the partner likes and you dont- you grab a gadget(well some of us do)- and sometimes girls hate it..

ps: why do i feel like i am trying to explain this to a virgin.

The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrokks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Darkiaia View Post
Hey
Fully charged battery, using wifi (IM messaging and internet ALL the time) battery lasted for about 3.5 hours
Must be something wrong, should be much longer than that.

Originally Posted by Darkiaia View Post
Hey
Fully charged battery, using wifi (IM messaging and internet ALL the time) battery lasted for about 3.5 hours
As lovemov said. Something is wrong.
I get those kind of times on my N800 if I connect to a wi-fi access point which doesn't support power saving mode. Some cheap ones.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
orange- yes its a device- but when you are sitting down watching some boring location programme/or what the partner likes and you dont- you grab a gadget(well some of us do)- and sometimes girls hate it.
Lol, my girlfriend doesnt understand why I want to play with it and not cuddle her in the same situation..

Anyhews have'nt used wi-fi today and I still have half battery left although I still have'nt used it as much as I did yesterday. Can someone explain why my phone tells me I only have 88 percent battery left after a full charge?

Hmm zero problems here. I can get through a day with moderate use. One thing I noticed is that leaving my main internet active (edge) with pidgin running in the background reduces battery life, if I am using it for browsing etc, it won't last more than a few hours. I am hoping that it is pidgin that needs opitmizations.

With that said once pidgin is off and I only use internet when required I can easily get through a day, turned down the brightness and removed all those widgets....

No problems on mine. I've had near-zero wi-fi use due to the reported bug and don't want to reboot my N900 everytime I use wi-fi. I go about 36 hours in between charges (with about 20+% life showing on battery indicator). This is with moving files via bluetooth (approx 100+mb), some phone calls and text messages and about an hour of music.

I have one stuck pixel, noticed a couple more that are extremely light that I've chosen to ignore.

I like the phone and consider it Nokia's best phone to date. IMO, nothing is perfect. If you spend enough time looking for imperfections, you will find them.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
You guys need to change your women. I play with either the laptop or the n900 whenever I'm watching TV. One of the best things since I installed twitter is chatting to people about programmes I'm watching.

A man would have to work really hard to get my attention away from my gadgets... and he'd have to get used to me picking up the n900 afterwards.

As with everything there must be balance, need to keep the woman satisfied then deal with gadget addiction hehe

Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
Thanks for this yorg. Did that xterminal thing and it said that my battery was at %87 after a full charge :/. How did you get it to charge all the way? Cheers.
sorry, lost track of this thread.

i am not 100% sure how I did it. I noticed that mine was at 87% immediately after I unplugged it. so I tried to charge it again but it kept saying "battery fully charged"

so I used it for about 5 mins and tried to charge it. at some point it started charging again and went to 97% this time. Ever since, it goes up to 97% or sometimes 96%.

The main thing is that if you get it to 97% rather than 87% you ll see a 11.5% increase in battery life which for me was about 3 more hours.

Also at some point when I got the phone I copied a file I saw here that kills the wifi process when I disconnect from the wifi. I am not sure whether it is working though.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
If I use my N900 only like a phone (very few wifi, very few 3G) with some calls and some SMS, it lasts at least 3 days easily.

If I use it a lot (lot of wifi, updates, 1h30 phone call, some gaming with SCUMM, terminal, photo etc) it lasts 1 day