Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by bluemajik View Post
I would be willing to alpha/beta as well if needed with my N800.
I'm also willing. I know command prompt well enough that I think I might actually be useful

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Somebody needs to get this guy an n900..

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by late666 View Post
Somebody needs to get this guy an n900..
No kidding. There are lots of us wanting to dual boot android 2.x on our n900s.

I'd just like to post some encouragement to the porter. I have been contemplating selling my N810 for an Archos Android tablet. I was not interested in the size or video playback, simply the android platform. Please oh please continue your work so that I might be able to someday use this on my tablet! If other readers are just as excited about this as I am, please speak up so that Bri3d can see the amount of people who are going to benefit from his wonderful work!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
bri3d:

Please, please, please post your code somewhere, especially if you're stuck. You made some breakthroughs that would be a shame to lose. Perhaps another crack kernel coder can help solve another one of the problems...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by qole View Post
bri3d:

Please, please, please post your code somewhere, especially if you're stuck. You made some breakthroughs that would be a shame to lose. Perhaps another crack kernel coder can help solve another one of the problems...
I second that. Most times someone makes a breakthrough, and then they dont post the process anywhere and it falls in the black hole

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to bdogg64 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
I have been trying to use the kernel 2.6.28 patches from nitdroid for the n8x0 and apply them to the n900 2.6.28 kernel to build a bootable android kernel and filesystem.

I can get it to boot the kernel, but I always get stuck trying to set the root, and root filesystem options to boot from a partition on the micro sd card.

I'm willing to help out, or test things out.

Any tips, or clues would be great. If I'm completely off track, that would be good to know also. I just want to get some dialog started to get back on track.

Thnx

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdogg64 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Glad to see you rocking this forward for the N800/N810 Tablets!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brooksville, Florida
FWIW, latest Linux-OMAP is nowhere near usable on N8x0 even without Android patches. See http://elinux.org/N800#Status
Feel free to ping me on IRC if you want to coordinate efforts (I'm sticking to mainline Linux for Mer/Gentoo, though, so you're on your own for Android-specific things)

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
bri3d:

Thirded! I can try to help if you make this public and let us know what needs to be worked on.

Closed Thread