Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
1) Don't quote the whole huge friggen eye-searing post needlessly.
2) Use the repositories to install apps. Anwar needs to remove that link, it's a disservice. Here's an explanation. Here are instructions how to set up b-man's repository for the removed emus. You may brick your device or otherwise negatively affect it by doing this, as you are using some untested software.
3) You can legally use ROMs to games that you own. To illegally acquire others, don't ask here. Please.

SDLMAME News

Thanks to the excellent detective work by LDESNOGU, my current dev build of SDLMAME works. Sound is distorted and speed is too slow to be useful, but it's progress. More news when i have something to report.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks sorry i have fixed post

O.k so do you think theses will go back into the extras once testing has been done or have theses been fully removed?

So you do not recommend using theses at the moment?

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
SDLMAME News

Thanks to the excellent detective work by LDESNOGU, my current dev build of SDLMAME works. Sound is distorted and speed is too slow to be useful, but it's progress. More news when i have something to report.[/QUOTE]

Great stuff! Maybe you could try Pac Man or other simpler targets for emulation. Pac Man uses just Z80 3MHz and some Namco sound chip so it should run full speed.

There's a new emulator being worked on for cps/cps2.

hmmm....haven't got an n900 yet D: ...but will get one sometime in the future...couldn't help but recognize the "need for diagonals" issue...i have a solution...why not bother the producers to implement macro's into the emulators. For those who don't know what a macro is, it is the option to assign a multitude of commands to one button press, for example you could assign the command down, forward, X to the enter key (for those familiar with street fighter pressing the enter key would then result in a hadouken from ryu)...because n900 has a qwerty keypad this feature would be extremely useful, think about it, you'd be able to set your own diagonals with this feature. The macro feature is already implemented in the kawaks emulator on windows.

Another useful feature would be the ability to save and load key configurations in seperate .ini files, and have them 'automatically' or 'conveniently' loaded for an assigned rom when it starts.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oregon
Is there any way to load a save file from VisualBoyAdvance? I have game saves from ages ago from there that I wanna bring over to the N900 and play again but it didn't work for me.

Waoh, the Emulators are back in the repository!

Which repo are they in? I can't find them in Testing :-(

My Blog

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
Which repo are they in? I can't find them in Testing :-(
Some already landed in Extras, others are in -testing.

Is it possible to have the front page updated?

My Blog