Active Topics

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I can't find any way to remove a tag once it's been created - including the ones that came ith the device. I don't need n900 reminding me I have no family, friends or fun every time I want to add a tag!

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Kath, just had a look as i've never tagged before. If you create a tag then choose the 'edit tags' option from settings then what ever pics is in that tag folder you remove then that should be it.

Edit...

Ah got you now lol, i can't get rid of the tag now either. What a donkey.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I can't find any way to remove a tag once it's been created - including the ones that came ith the device. I don't need n900 reminding me I have no family, friends or fun every time I want to add a tag!
Just posted this question on twitter literally minutes before you!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Just posted this question on twitter literally minutes before you!
I know - I wasted those minutes trying to find an answer!!!

I filtered by a tag I don't want, then removed the tag from any images it showed up with (the preinstalled images all have whacky tags!).

Next time I looked, that tag was the largest showing - despite a filter showing no images at all with that tag. Now it shows as smaller... perhaps it will waste away from lack of love? Perhaps a reboot would get rid of it?

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I know - I wasted those minutes trying to find an answer!!!

I filtered by a tag I don't want, then removed the tag from any images it showed up with (the preinstalled images all have whacky tags!).

Next time I looked, that tag was the largest showing - despite a filter showing no images at all with that tag. Now it shows as smaller... perhaps it will waste away from lack of love? Perhaps a reboot would get rid of it?
Tried rebooting a couple of times and still no love.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
now if there's no way to get rid of such tags from the GUI... aren't the stored somewhere? has nokia finally understood the unix way and put them in a nice little text file you can edit?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Confirming here...

Have anyone tested to Delete the tracker Database and restart the daemon to delete the unused tags?

You can find it here: Link - I guess it could also work for this issue.

But I'm a little bit afraid to test it myself. I'm new at Linux and still learning...
So, have a crack that knows what he does tryed this out?

Edit:
Ah, thanx benny1967. Same Idea.

I got rid of most of the tags by moving the wallpaper into a wallpaper folder and then putting that into the do not watch list in tracker's config.

The problem is there are some tags that just won't go away (like art and family). Then if I add a tag it will stay there (like @Facebook for PixelPipe.. I want to rename it to @facebook just for consistency's sake). Even if you remove all files that use that tag it just stays there.

Meh.

Edit: There's also no way to add tags without adding it to a file. There really should be a way to add/remove tags without actually manipulating a file.

A workaround I did was basically create a PDF in xournal that has all the pixelpipe tags.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-12-22 at 03:53.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Well this is really annoying for me too, so I created a bug for it, since I didn't see it anywhere already.

The way I think it should work, is like Tag Clouds usually works, ie. show the most commonly used tags in the largest font, and the least common ones smaller. Unused tags would naturally not be shown at all. That would remove all these stupid "pre-installed" tags, thats crowding my Tag Cloud right now, and ruining the functionality (for me at least).

Here's the bug repport; https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7781
Please go and vote for it, if you agree and/or have the same experince, so the Tag Cloud can be implemented the right way. Or chime in here or there, if you disagree.

Last edited by real_per; 2010-01-09 at 09:33.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Münster
bugzilla does not have this bug listed. neither via your link, nor looking for keywords 'tags photo' could it be found.

looks there is something weird with your report.
Nonetheless I had the same issues and have forgotten with all the other features of n900. so thanks for the reminder.