Yes, I broke into your house last night and fixed it for you.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by patrikw View Post
Yeah, Ive got the same problem -and some friends of mine. anyone with a solution?

p
the very same person you quoted has already posted that a solution found in the wiki worked for him.
see post #13 in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
But that would involve doing some actual reading on patrik's part, Sub! That's just not acceptable to some!

Yeah, Ive got the same problem -and some friends of mine. anyone with a solution?

p
Use the maemo flasher: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_your_device

got the same problem, cant even get to the manual flash mode with pressing "u".

any solution?

got the same problem, cant even get to the manual flash mode with pressing "u".

any solution?
Unplug battery, put back in. plug in the power for 1 hour, try to turn on, either power button or u button. Should display nokia logo and then follow steps in guide.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukbill69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukbill69 View Post
Unplug battery, put back in. plug in the power for 1 hour, try to turn on, either power button or u button. Should display nokia logo and then follow steps in guide.

didnt work, the n900 only makes a quick "buzz" (vibrates) and then i see the nokia logo without background light......Then 30sec later it gives a buzz -etc-etc-etc-etc-

didnt work, the n900 only makes a quick "buzz" (vibrates) and then i see the nokia logo without background light......Then 30sec later it gives a buzz -etc-etc-etc-etc-
Install flasher, download firmware, copy file to the programs/flasher software, (e.g. where you installed) then make sure you plug in usb to your pc, open flasher, type in command, now make sure same as the file name, as one given is not right, then press enter and all should work, if not then will tell you on command prompt, unplug usb and plug back in and all should work.

Originally Posted by ukbill69 View Post
Install flasher, download firmware, copy file to the programs/flasher software, (e.g. where you installed) then make sure you plug in usb to your pc, open flasher, type in command, now make sure same as the file name, as one given is not right, then press enter and all should work, if not then will tell you on command prompt, unplug usb and plug back in and all should work.

the flasher and SW is ok! But I don get the mobile into "flashmode" , holding down "u" key as described on the wiki doesnt work.

Ive tried on 2 computers (4 different USBs in total). It just gives a buzz and nokia logo....over and over .

the flasher and SW is ok! But I don get the mobile into "flashmode" , holding down "u" key as described on the wiki doesnt work.

Ive tried on 2 computers (4 different USBs in total). It just gives a buzz and nokia logo....over and over .
copy paste from the flasher: )last 3-4rows only

Image 'secondary', size 109440 bytes
Valid for RX-51: 2201, 2202, 2203, 2204, 2205, 2206, 2207, 2208, 2209, 2
210, 2211, 2212, 2213, 2214, 2215, 2216
Version 1.4.13+0m5
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.