Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The InterWeb
I've updated like 1 hour ago. I don't experience any lag whatsoever. N900 is still responsive. I haven't read the talk.meamo for a couple of days so I thought it was the big update... A well better luck next time

Not sure if anyone has already noticed this or not, but the media player no longer sees media servers connected to the network. Before the update I was able to access my PS3 media server and stream all my music and videos. After update the media player cant see it

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
Nokia-N900-42-11:~# apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-generic-pr: Depends: locale-resolver-data (= 0.2.4-2+0m5) but 0.2.4-3+0m5 is to be installed
Depends: libreadline5 (= 5.2-2maemo2+0m5) but 5.2-3maemo1 is to be installed
Depends: readline-common (= 5.2-2maemo2+0m5) but 5.2-3maemo1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

Okey?
What is the output when you run 'dpkg -l mp-fremantle*' ?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
anyone else having trouble working the MSCIM (specifically google pinyin) after the FW update? it's not appearing at all, I hit CTRL + space and nothing happens....

Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
Not sure if anyone has already noticed this or not, but the media player no longer sees media servers connected to the network. Before the update I was able to access my PS3 media server and stream all my music and videos. After update the media player cant see it
My one works fine, seeing my network drive with twonky, pc and laptop.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
WHAT!?!??!?! NOOOOO!!!

Can anyone else confirm this!? I'm stuck at work and won't be able to check for quite a while..

EDIT: That'll teach me not to refresh an open tab before posting

Glad to see ukbill69 isn't having any trouble -- sorry to see you are, lfcobra

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by slender View Post
[offtopic]

Ok. So this is how this just works. Some good some bad. Normally this wouldn't be big thing because gigabytes are almost free but on this device you have to take care of that side and keep your system clean. So I´m enjoying testing and develop and waiting for reflash
He's created a strawperson and is mercilessly beating it. The only way to get "hidden" packages that don't go away in Maemo is to install them using nonstandard means i.e. Red Pill Mode or apt-get. Those who don't want to deal with that can just use HAM as-is.

In other words, in order to get the scenario described to require R P M to fix, one must be using R P M or the command line to install.

Milhouse: peaceful noncompliance acknowledged. I hope it works for you, but i don't make the rules. Quim reported that Brainstorm is supposed to be hosted on the new servers by the weekend so it should at least be functional at that point.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
The battery life increased more than double! I can't believe it. I have had it on now for about 10 hours with ALL on, and there's 2/3 on the status left. WOW!

Originally Posted by uncle.sam View Post
The battery life increased more than double! I can't believe it. I have had it on now for about 10 hours with ALL on, and there's 2/3 on the status left. WOW!
Don't think so! You probably uninstall some programs that drain battery. What programs do you have on ur desktop?

Originally Posted by uncle.sam View Post
No Change in battery life. I've been keeping track of my battery usage the past several days and can confirm Zero difference in battery life with this update. But I should mention I don't use WIFI

Tags
firmware, firmware update, minor update, n900, ota, pr1.0.1, ssu, update