Active Topics

Notices

I followed the instruction. But as you see below the problem still exist,
no dictionary is listed under the corresponding tab!?

Any suggestion here?

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
I've put my dictionary in one folder into Documents folder and linked to it. It worked for me.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
2Pejman:

Afaik, the rule for stardict is "one directory per dictionary". For your Oxford dict create a directory "~/.stardict/dic/oxford" and put all oxford.* data files in it. I'm 100% sure it will help you. Please try it.

Last edited by turist; 2010-01-11 at 13:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to turist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by turist View Post
2Pejman:

Afaik, the rule for stardict is "one directory per dictionary". For your Oxford dict create a directory "~/.stardict/dic/oxford" and put all oxford.* data files in it. I'm 100% sure it will help you. Please try it.
Thanks you!
That worked ...

Just wanted to report on qstardict after the PR 1.1 update from today.

Good news:
the QT update has delivered the goods for the word list on the left: finger scrolling works, and the look and feel of it is real nice.

Bad news:
Finger scrolling does not work for the frame where the translation/meaning of the word is displayed.

Minor issue (not sure if this has changed):
the box where words are inserted now starts in uppercase by default. This is slightly annoying for German where nouns are in uppercase, and verbs lowercase, and there is often a nominal form of verbs that is identical to the verb but is much less frequently used. Example: gehen (to go), vs Gehen (the act of going). Defaulting to lowercase (which is what stardict does on my linux PC) would be better.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland !
i Can not enter Settings -> Configure anymore.

When i want to eneter this menu (top sign QStarDict), it only shows : "Help / Help" ; "Help / About Qt" ; "Help / About" ; and "File / Quit"

I want to enter Settings, configure to change font, so i can see pronounce symbols of english language (th, sh, long n etc) becaue with this font i see only squares instead of this symbols.

Thx for any ideas

Last edited by VeR; 2010-01-14 at 23:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to VeR For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem, affter updating to PR1.1

Originally Posted by VeR View Post
i Can not enter Settings -> Configure anymore.

When i want to eneter this menu (top sign QStarDict), it only shows : "Help / Help" ; "Help / About Qt" ; "Help / About" ; and "File / Quit"
Thx for any ideas
You're right! I had missed that in my quick test (since I did not need to change the configuration, I already have my dictionaries set up.

I installed qtardict from extras-testing but I can't set up my Dictionarie because there are no buttuon for setting

Tags
bada rox, help i'm stuck