Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Didn't see my posts over there? Either way, my g/f is coming back tomorrow...won't get much chance to get out to play.

Plus letting her know that I just signed up for a pool league may not go over well either.

DId you get Near Me working???
Latest meet up proposal is the evening of the 23rd, I think. Still trying for a consensus...

Near me now still isn't showing up for me or on my friend's iPhone. Strange.

Last edited by cddiede; 2010-01-11 at 17:23.

QUOTE=cddiede;459896]...
Near me now still isn't showing up for me or on my friend's iPhone. Strange.[/QUOTE]

Not Near Me Now, but "Near Me"...for Firefox browser.

You have to slide the finger/stylus from dead area on the right, onto the screen. You have to have a web page open for it to work, but its the same procedure to open up the "Settings". You'll see an icon/button which looks like a "house", just above the settngs link.

That will open the Near Me app:

http://webtechstudios.com/products/nearme/

I was able to get Near Me working by changing the N900 browser's user agent string to that of a Nexus One:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD56C) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

One (easy) way to do this is to install the hideuseragent app from the extras-testing repository and setting the custom user agent to the string above. Of course, as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, you will also need to have maemo-geolocation installed in order to pass GPS data to a website.

The Following User Says Thank You to airjordan17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by airjordan17 View Post
I was able to get Near Me working by changing the N900 browser's user agent string to that of a Nexus One:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD56C) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

One (easy) way to do this is to install the hideuseragent app from the extras-testing repository and setting the custom user agent to the string above. Of course, as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, you will also need to have maemo-geolocation installed in order to pass GPS data to a website.
Yup, that worked. I can read Google docs now too.

I wasn't sure how the Hide User Agent app worked so I just pasted that whole string in the "User Agent: dialog box hit "OK" then "Set". It worked but do you know if this is the correct procedure?

When I hit "Remove" my browser reverts back to acting the way it did so I'm happy for now.

SLN member # 009