Active Topics

I am finally getting started with Maemo development. I have developed quite a few apps for both Android and WinMo, and since I can come up with any new ideas, I thought I would just make similar apps for Maemo.

However, I am so confused at the moment, that I almost feel like turning back to Android app development, even though I dont use Android.

So, I got the SDK installed along with qt and I wrote a simple helloWorld app. But what now? I looked at qt designer but it seems its only for ui, and doesnt include any project solution or anything. Its probably just me that is so used to Visual Studio, but I was hoping there was something similar that could be used here?

Thanks for all your help. I have been searching for several days and each guide or getting-started tutorial I find are completely different, so its hard to figure out exactly where to start..

Thanks

Update: Installed Esbox. Seems to be what Im looking for..

Cant seem to find any good guides on how to use it though

I was just looking through here and the ESBox homepage. You're right.. not much of a step by step anywhere =-\.

That documentation page is a lot better than i remember it though..
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
So, I got the SDK installed along with qt and I wrote a simple helloWorld app. But what now? I looked at qt designer but it seems its only for ui, and doesnt include any project solution or anything.
For development in Qt have a look at Qt Creator in combination with Qt Designer. They are more focused on Qt development compared to Eclipse+plugins. Unfortunately it cannot be used for cross-compiling yet. Therefore, and for testing you will need the SDK. Another solution for cross-compiling is MADDE, as a technology preview of a new cross-compiling tool. Check out the wiki-page and the thread about it.

Daniel

Ah, Qt Creator + Qt Designer sounds good.. But how do I get started? Cant find a proper guide anywhere and I think this confusing development situation is really bad for Maemo.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
Ah, Qt Creator + Qt Designer sounds good.. But how do I get started? Cant find a proper guide anywhere and I think this confusing development situation is really bad for Maemo.
You can easily find a lot of resources about Qt Creator, here are the official ones:

http://qt.nokia.com/products/developer-tools

http://doc.trolltech.com/qtcreator-1.3/index.html

If you still miss something, feel free to ask