Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by zifis View Post
Yes it started after the update. I'll do that noobmonkey

But if I am to remove my widgets and apps... what am I left with?

I agree, but just removed one at a time to test, if it works then it could be a software bug with that widget..... If so, a bug report could fix it and sort your problems out
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Washington, DC
Here is another thread on a similar issue:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40541

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
It's really quite simple, if you have nothing running you shouldn't see anything taking cpu in top(besides X, osso-xterm and top).

Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
Also, some applications change the settings for you WiFi connections, from "on demand" (in my case) to "automatically" so you may want to check that too.
Ahem. I want names named so heads can roll.

An application messing with user settings that way without appropriate notification and interaction should be an absolute no-no.

Regards,

Chris.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrget For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Evry, France
Originally Posted by chrget View Post
Ahem. I want names named so heads can roll.

An application messing with user settings that way without appropriate notification and interaction should be an absolute no-no.

Regards,

Chris.
I saw this happening right after I set up my gmail account in Nokia Messaging. I usually keep my WiFi connection on "always ask" but after setting up that account it changed to "on demand". I realized it after observing a suddden change in battery usage. I hope I was the only one experiencing this behaviour.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
After a week of excellent battery performance, the problem is back. After I switched to 2g mode and had 3 full days of battery, I figured I'd install a few apps. I got jeweled, puzzle collection and mancala and I updated my fm radio (just installed not played).
That was yesterday with a fully charged battery. This morning I woke up to the beep of low battery and by the time I got out of bed the phone shut down.

CPU and Mem usage are close to zero, no active connections, no background applications running...

I am now pretty sure that something goes wrong when I install a new app or udate an existing one. I can't explain it otherwise...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I also have this issue from time to time. I make sure i have no cpu hogging app everytime but still sometimes it goes down from 70% to OFF after only 6-7 hours. (I sleep then wake up to find my phone turned off with battery drained) Happens during the day also. Weird.

I just ran into a similar problem, ran top, then corky and both were showing me that the cal app was eating 76.5 percent of my cpu, and the cpu was running at 100%. Drove me crazy then I remebered I had changed a setting in the cal function, to keep dates for 1 year past. I changed to 1 month and rebooted the N900, and now in standby I am 2-3% instead of 100% and back to 2 days of normal usage per charge, which is a mix of wifi, 3G, txt, voice, pics, games, and a little bit of everything.. hey its still new!! This problem didnt raise it's ugly head till I upgraded to 1.1.. Hope this helps. Craig

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
But the thing is in my case that the battery drains while CPU is 97-98% idle.

And both times it happened after I installed new apps.

Some of you asked me if I had rebooted. Now if it is necessary to reboot after installing a game why am I not prompted to do so by the app manager?

And how could a newly installed app like a game, that is using no connections, gps or resources, eat up all the battery?

Could someone confirm if there is a bug in the application manager?

BTW, recharging Li-Ion atterieswhen half-empty does no harm, infact it's better on the battery to charge often