Notices

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Guys, why don't you post your issues in Bugzilla https://bugs.maemo.org/
Or if you have suggestions, in Brainstorm http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/
I have never filled out a Bug report but hopefully will get to it.
Not sure If I would call lack of features or custom UI a Bug?

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
It would be a shame that your input isn't valued properly since actual developers won't have the patience to read a whole thread or might not even find it considering the large number of new threads appearing daily.
Let make this one Stick Out!

Here's the brainstorm for phone improvement: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ne_experience/

And here is the actual thread where it's beeing discussed: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33830

added to brainstorm too, thanks for the link @ bec

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-01-23 at 15:14.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by synplex View Post
[B]-The auto rotate feature is slow to respond when it wants to work (Takes me 5-6 seconds)
Hmm just tested and for me it turns around in ~2s. It should be little faster and i Agree that it slows down when you are doing something with phone and it rigns. You will have to wait about 3s before you can answer to phone and sometimes bit longer depeding on what you have done before. After using regular phone it feels quite long time.

Auto rotate helps a bit becose you can answer on landscape mode when its riging and you do not have to wait it to turn to potrait mode.

-Double tapping the Green Dial button wont redial. I mean Come on, This should work! I have to go back and find the contact.
As said many many times here the phone app/features are bit incomplete. You can use brainstorm or bugzilla but i understand that it feels bit stupid to suggest features that have been years around on regular phones. But thats how it right now goes.

-Everything I tap on a contact to Call them (in the Phone History) I always get the selection menu to either SMS them or call them. Well since Im in the Phone app it shouldn't waste my time with this extra tap. Clearly I want to call them, why the extra taps to dial?? I would go to Conversations if I wants to SMS them. Is there a way to turn this off in the phone app?
hmm. you have to remember that there can also be skype or gtalk numbers so thatīs why it suggest those. Actually Iīm having trouble with phone app because its contact list is completely different from contacts application. And i really like sms link when long tapping call history contacts. In my opinion it should also be in phone apps contact list.

-The lack of Speed dial is killing me. I have 100's of contact scrolling through or searching them takes time. I miss the 1 click and hold dialing from my 5800.
Hmm. Do you mean shortcuts or what? I havent used these features but i do understand that this is also quite standard thing on phones.

-Contact shortcuts on desktop wont replace speed dial since there always that extra tap to dial. No real quick way to call someone or redial a number
Okey. Yes. Lets hope there will be some resolution to this.

-Face Light sensor which shut the display off when on a call is buggy. Something when I have to dial during a call to reach a operator or extension I have to wait, because after removing my face from the phone the damn sensor wont turn the screen back on. I try the unlock slider but something it doesn't work. The sensitivity of the sensor needs to be fix or give us a option to turn it off. If Im in a dark room when on a phone call the senor doesn't know the difference between the dark room to my face covering it.
I agree that sensitivity of sensor feels sometimes bit random but I do not completely understand your sitsuation. Yes there should be option to turn it off.

I Have stuck by nokia for a decade and can tell you I know that they are pros when it come to phones and phone features but seeing them put this 'alpha' or an app on the nokia n900 and not do much after 3 updates worries me.
Maybe maemo team is just learnin how to make phone. Until now they have only tried to make core Operating system fot this hardware.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Btw. What happens if i disable rotation flip animation from configuration file? Does it make rotation any faster?

strange cause flip animation for me takes a mere second. one thing abt linux u have to keep things organized, especially uninstalling stuff. do ls -a and rm -r directories that you are certain can be removed

Tags
nokia fanbois, thread title sucks