Notices

Originally Posted by caimanjosh View Post
Wow, this looks great. So, since I have an N800 (you knew this was coming from someone eventually)...any chance you might be able to port this to work with Diablo (OS2008)? Please? That would really make my day, as I love Pandora but find that using it in the browser is just not really feasible.
I'm sure you'd get lots of love from all the N800/810 users out there as well. Anyways, just thought I'd ask.
It may just work... I don't have my N810 with me or I'd try it. All that matters is if libmad0 and libao0 are somewhere in a repository that you have on your device. My control file doesn't limit to install only on the N900/fremantle. Since it's not a GUI, there won't be any of those issues.

It's slightly optified... so places a binary in /opt/pianobar/ but honestly that shouldn't matter on your N800 because of the link in /usr/bin/pianobar that points to it... doesn't matter where the actual binary is.

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure it would just work. If you don't want to try it, I'll do it when I get home tonight with my N810. If it doesn't.. I most certainly can build one (assuming, again, libao0 and libmad0.. if I have to also provide those it'll get more complicated - but I'll see what I can do either way.)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-01-22 at 17:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
pianobar does work through the fm radio transmitter. That was my original intention when I tried to make it work initially, and I'm glad to say it worked out. Have you considered putting your package up in extras-devel or the like?

Last edited by intervigil; 2010-01-22 at 17:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to intervigil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by intervigil View Post
pianobar does work through the fm radio transmitter. That was my original intention when I tried to make it work initially, and I'm glad to say it worked out.
This is good news... thank you.

Originally Posted by caimanjosh View Post
Wow, this looks great. So, since I have an N800 (you knew this was coming from someone eventually)...any chance you might be able to port this to work with Diablo (OS2008)? Please? That would really make my day, as I love Pandora but find that using it in the browser is just not really feasible.
I'm sure you'd get lots of love from all the N800/810 users out there as well. Anyways, just thought I'd ask.
Unfortunately I don't see libao0 anywhere. libmad0 is there but no libao0. I checked the SDK, extras, and extras-devel repositories. There's a few older chinook files in non-standard repositories on gronmeyer buttttt I wouldn't require anyone to enable stuff like that just for a package . Sorry man. I'll look more after I'm done with the pyQt4 interface.

just a quick question, has anyone tried setting up the pianobar config file? I cant seem to get it to auto login (yes my user name and password are correct) and i have tried both config file locations mentioned in this thread ( /home/user/.config/pianobar/config and /etc/pianobar/config ). I also cant seem to get the autostart station to work either ( i assume it takes an integer which represents one of your stations). Anyone else have similar issues or figure out how to fix?

Both of those work for mine... The auto-station is a really long number. The way you see is to run pianobar and start a station, you will get something like:

Station "Monster Radio" (173151671101496815)
That ridiculous station ID is what you are after. Put that into the config to auto-play.

The username and pass work as advertised for me... I put it in /home/user/.config/pianobar/config. But, this is all in the SDK, not on an N900 directly.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
thanks fatalsaint i deleted the /home/user/.config/pianobar/config file and made a new one and it started working... i think the issue might have been that i had made the file in windows and used scp to put it on the n900, maybe something to do with windows and unix file format? anyway it works now and thats all i care about! and the autostart station works as well! This quickly becoming the most used app on my phone

The Following User Says Thank You to lfcobra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Awesome work! Newest version runs much better. Skips a lot less and much less severely! Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
thanks fatalsaint i deleted the /home/user/.config/pianobar/config file and made a new one and it started working... i think the issue might have been that i had made the file in windows and used scp to put it on the n900, maybe something to do with windows and unix file format? anyway it works now and thats all i care about! and the autostart station works as well! This quickly becoming the most used app on my phone
Just wait till I get done with the GUI .

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Just wait till I get done with the GUI .
hey Fatal - might want to go over some stuff with the GUI with you. I got one fully completed in Qt, runs great when I run it in Linux - when I put it on the N900 it looks very messed up. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900