Active Topics

Poll: Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?
Poll Options
Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Mine flexes a little bit too but not as bad as in that video.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I got two N900`s here bought at the same time and they both have one "always white pixel" in about the same place.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Two N900's in da house here and zero dead/stuck pixels !

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
hey guys... i think i'm pretty unfortunate with the dead pixel problem with Amazon... and i'm still waiting for the RMA to come thru. in short:

1) i live in Australia, got my friend in USA to order 2 N900's for myself and a friend here in Aus
2) phone 1=ok, phone 2=dead pixels.
3) received RMA for phone 2, both look good, shipped to Aus
4) phone 2 is all good, discovered that phone 1 (my phone) has 4 freaking dead pixels! sent back to US, RMA submitted
5) RMA phone received, has dead pixels(!)
6) awaiting next replacement on the fauty RMA

has anyone here been as unlucky as me? and does Amazon have a dead pixel history?? because it's really frustrating getting a replacement only to find out that it has dead pixels again...

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by jinx405 View Post
hey guys... i think i'm pretty unfortunate with the dead pixel problem with Amazon... and i'm still waiting for the RMA to come thru. in short:

1) i live in Australia, got my friend in USA to order 2 N900's for myself and a friend here in Aus
2) phone 1=ok, phone 2=dead pixels.
3) received RMA for phone 2, both look good, shipped to Aus
4) phone 2 is all good, discovered that phone 1 (my phone) has 4 freaking dead pixels! sent back to US, RMA submitted
5) RMA phone received, has dead pixels(!)
6) awaiting next replacement on the fauty RMA

has anyone here been as unlucky as me? and does Amazon have a dead pixel history?? because it's really frustrating getting a replacement only to find out that it has dead pixels again...
That's a bummer you keep getting devices with dead pixels. Got mine from Amazon, no dead pixels. Have some light leakage between the pixels though. See here -

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...416#post453416

It must be costing a fortune to send them back!! What method have you used to return them? Also just out of curiosity what production week have your n900's been if you kept record? It tells you on the box -

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39072&page=7

The Following User Says Thank You to Magel282 For This Useful Post:
Ordered mine from Dell and noticed 2 "stuck" pixels. One is a bit more noticeable than the other because it's white and the other is red. It's not too bad even on the brightest setting but I have to really look for it to see them.

I decided to ask Dell for an exchange because I'm really picky, especially since I paid a lot for this phone. Suprisingly I got a new N900 the very next day (talk about service!). Sadly, the new N900 was even worse. It had 5 stuck pixels (1 white and 4 red/green dots).

I'll probably keep the first N900 because it's not too big of a deal, but what are the odds of getting 2 N900s with more than 2 "stuck" pixels... I'm worried about Nokia's quality control... but then again I might just be unlucky. However, I've never owned a phone or lcd tv/monitor that had any visible dead/stuck pixels.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
It is very likely if they both comes from same batch, I think Nokia really needs to get their act together, can remember 5800 also having allot of problems.

And out of the blue yesterday, just noticed light coming from the left corner, between the keyboard and screen, you know where the LED lights when charging and so on, strange I thought did not do that before I send it for repairs. After investigating i seems like that there is a screw missing in the lower left corner, man what a bummer, just got it back, and now this.

So now it is in for repairs second time, unfortunately the guy that repaired my N900 the first time was not there, so will probably first be sometime next week. Man what a crappy service guy, forgetting to put a screw in, man that sucks...

I think I read somewhere that the date the phone was made was printed on the label on the outside of the box. Both boxes said 51/2009. However, one thing I noticed was that the battery/back cover had different "version" numbers. The first phone said V 9.0 and the second said V 10.0. Not sure if that means anything or if that stands for version.

Anyway, just a little disappointed with the stuck pixels but they aren't too bad and I have to look for them. I still love this phone though. One of the best phones I've ever owned (less problematic for me than the N97).

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by whc View Post
Here is a video of my fixed N900, still some flex when slider is closed but better than before, and oh yes no dead of stuck pixels, wery nice .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSX1AJ1xTM
I can't see any issues on that video. Flexing is normal I think. Mine flex to, but normal.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Got my N900 back today, from second time a the service shop, now it is how it should be, tight slider, with minimum flex (or none at all), no dust, no dead pixels, man finally it is time to get real use of my N900.

This is what they swapped the two times it has been in for service, total of 22 days:

Slide Flex Assey
LCD AM 800X480 LTPS CO CAUCASUS N900
A-Cover Assey
Touch Window Assey N900
Screw M1 4x2.8 Black

Tags
stop the pixel genocide!!, who is murdering pixels??