After trying out so many different screen protectors out there ( many are suggestions from the threads) I have come to a conclusion of using Ebay screen protectors. Yes. EBAY. Why?

1. Cheap! you can get 2 or 5$ or even betters from some sellers!

2. Easy to install. I hate playing with soapy water with the zagg or clear protector!

3. Change them whenever you need to! usually they come in packs of 3x or even more depends on how many you want (usually 3x for ~$5).

I found that the ebay ones works just as good. Pretty much same material. I think they all are pretty much the same (most on ebay) It tends to be the brand that you're spending those extra $$ on big names such as vikuiti or clarivue.

I got these : http://cgi.ebay.com/2xClear-LCD-Prot...ht_2485wt_1165

They feel just exactly like the n900 screen which is amazing sometimes i thought i dont have the screen protector on.

Btw there are cheap quality ones out there on ebay so becareful when you buy them.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I got a somewhat cheaper one than that, in a package of three. And by "package", i mean an envelope from China. Shipping took about 7-10 days and the protector went on without a problem at all. Clarity is better than the extra Visor Deluxe protector from 1999 i was using in the meantime (for what that's worth ), as is the feel.

After my experience with this i honestly can't see paying more than a few bucks for a screen protector, which thing i am happy to discover. Plastics is a mature industry and the technology and manufacturing costs of such a commodity product as a touch screen protector is very low due to volume.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

I got three ebay and three in bin, if the slightest dust gets on the screen when you adding one, its game over.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fresno, ca
yes i got some and man am i glad i already have some tiny scratches on the protector and i dont know how haha..

I agree with vietn900, I got these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3x-SCREEN-PROT...#ht_3074wt_939 and I am very satisfied. Theyre soft, but rather tough. Had the seme manufacturer for Omnia HD and one lasted approx 4-5 months until it became too scratched to see.

To ukbill69 - thats right but what I do - I go to bathroom lock myself, put hot hot water into bath until there is a lot of steam. This causes all dust particles to be captured into humidity and they dont fall on my screen. This way I stick it perfectly every time, no bubbles, no dust.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
I used to have one those cheap plastic generic screen protectors and I thought they were great, but then i got the zagg and found out why theyre so much more expensive. They have this really nice rubber feel to it instead of the plasticy feel, and the application solutions is alcohol based (not soap) so its not harmful for the phone. I thought the installation was easy but it just took some time. For the body, I think zagg is great but some might not like it for the screen because it makes the touch response worse. Those plastic ones might be better for the screen. and you can use the INVISI20 promo code for 20% discount so its basically just 20 bucks for the full body cover. The only thing is that it doesnt cover the metal rim which i was most worried about

@ukbill69: yes that's why they said that you need to do it in a dust free environment. Plus, if you happen to get dust on it, use scotch tape to remove them.

@djjuka: lol good idea will try next time

@waleed786: Zagg was the first thing i bought for it because i had it on my n95 8gb and it was great. But for the n900 it's a touchscreen so the user experience on touchscreen isn't so great. But after putting on the plastic ones they feel so much better! I bought the full body from clear protector, they gave me the metal rim protection instead of the plastic

i looked at the pic on clearprotector.com and it doesnt look like it covers the metal rim...I only see 2 pieces, one for the front and one for the back. Am i missing something?

well that's what I thought at first too...so when i got mine in the mail i was surprised. I thought it was for the plastic sides but it doesn't look like it's pre-cut to it ... then i realized it was for the metal rims ... mine came w/ front .. back ...top/bottom and 2 sides (for metal rim) ... btw if you are planning to get it ... buy it from their ebay store ... it's cheaper only 15$ includes free shipping for full body

http://cgi.ebay.com/INVISIBLE-Nokia-...#ht_3892wt_970

btw i can't tell the difference between CP and Zagg they both felt the same to me

The Following User Says Thank You to vietn900 For This Useful Post:
thanks for the tip, their ebay store is a lot cheaper. Im thinking of getting the CP and using just the metal rim part for my n900 (zagg covers the rest), and just keeping the rest as extra in case I ever need it.