Active Topics

Notices

THATS PERFECT!!

not ugly at all.. please upload something installable.. looks very nice!

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
you should add an option to set the date of the month it resets as my text message allowance starts on the 21st of the month and i'm sure other peoples starts of different days of the month.
Oh, crap :-)

For that I would need a settings dialog. Ok. Have to check that out.

Hartti

The Following User Says Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hartti View Post
Oh, crap :-)

For that I would need a settings dialog. Ok. Have to check that out.
Hay Ho - Well at least you have got some good feed back even if they are demmanding. You could allways release the app with basic functions once you feel it's ready (remember allways leave them wanting more), and then people can look forward to getting updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
JonWW, you are right, I should not sit on top of this for too long.

The two things I need to do before putting any version out there are
1. package it
2. test it with on another N900 to see that it works correctly (at least on 2 devices)
All the rest - settings, timed recalculations,etc. - will come later

I think I might have enough time over to weekend to accomplish the first 2 steps :-)

Hartti

I know it's probably not optimal, but what about a oneliner command for Desktop Execution Widget? Since that one already has its windowing and settings done. It could be added as a oneliner ie:

Code:
sqlite3 /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db "select  CASE event_type_id WHEN 7 THEN 'In' WHEN 8 THEN 'Out' END, count(id) from Events where event_type_id in (7,8) AND strftime('%Y%m', storage_time, 'unixepoch') = strftime('%Y%m', 'now') group by strftime('%Y-%m', storage_time, 'unixepoch'), 1;"
This will give the in/out counts for the current month:
In|443
Out|104

Last edited by nex; 2010-01-29 at 22:26. Reason: explanation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nex For This Useful Post:
im looking forward to this app, it would be really useful for me as i have a limit on how many sms i can send per month. thanks in advance, hope it comes out soon!

nice work to keep track on ur contract txtes.. cud disbe dun for ur calls? show u ur moniutes may i reminder wen ur on ur las txt or minute

@nex, nice work with the sql and desktop execution widget, I did not know about the 'WHEN' trick. Have to work on my SQL skills more, I guess...

@bubbbbbz, I did not see call lengths being recorded in the eventlogger database. I could be wrong though.
The way to do this is through USSD commands. Maybe there is a cool one-liner as well to do this through dbus, I do not know. More info (?) here https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5357.

Hartti

quick update on the SMS counter widget.

I ran to an issue over the weekend. Packaging worked fine and I was able to install the sms counter widget on another device. However the widget showed only zeroes in the UI for that another device. Not very helpful...

I'll include the widget in here as soon as I understand what is wrong with it. Sorry for the delay :-(

I have also created a garage project for this so that I can get this stuff to extras-devel at one point to allow easier updates.

Hartti

The Following User Says Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Slovenia
nice! i like it very much.

you can make it even simpler by adding a headbar which says 'sms counter' and thus you gain more place and beneath that can only 'sent', 'received' and 'total' be stated.