Active Topics

Notices

jarvel: Yes, thank you very much! I found the .note files containing all the text! And after quite a lot of trouble I got them off onto my computer. I am so relieved!

windsurfer: I've now looked at the .note's and found what seems very likely to be the culprit. Both of the notes where text was missing in Conboy there was this code exactly at the point where the rest of the text dissappeared:

Code:
[normal text I had written]
</note-content>
  <list-item dir="ltr">
[normal text again]
None of this should be there, obviously, and the /note-content explains why I didn't see the text belove this in Conboy. But I have no idea how it got there. There was no special characters of any kind before or after this code. If you work on Conboy, or know any who do, I hope you'll (ask them to) check it out. (or tell me where to report it). Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to forteller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
If you work on Conboy, or know any who do, I hope you'll (ask them to) check it out. (or tell me where to report it). Thanks!
Conboy has nice new website. http://conboy.garage.maemo.org/ You will find more info there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Hi, I´m the author of Conboy and I´m very sorry that you had troubles with it. The problem you´re having was reported about a week ago. Please subscribe to this bug and report all your findings there.

What we now need is a reliable way to reproduce this problem. Sorry again for the inconvenience

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KristianW View Post
Right, sorry, :
N810 , OS 43-7 , cloned to int. mmc.

Will find out how to file a bug, never did before.
Just follow this link and fill out the form

Originally Posted by forteller View Post
None of this should be there, obviously, and the /note-content explains why I didn't see the text belove this in Conboy. But I have no idea how it got there. There was no special characters of any kind before or after this code.
I have had the same problem as you with several notes. I'm wondering too that what is causing this. For characters and symbols my notes contain scandinavian letters like ä and ö, and for symbols Conboy's own bullets. Most of my notes contain bulletlists.

You said that your note didn't contain any special characters. Do you see any similarity to my notes? Did you use a lot of bullets for instance?

The Following User Says Thank You to Nozu For This Useful Post:
Nozu: Yes, in the note where I "lost" the most data I had many bulletpoints. In the one where I "lost" just a little data I don't think I had any bullet points. But all the data that disappeared from that note had been copy-pasted from Evince, and it might have started with a "tab" (whatever the indentation you get when you press tab in a text editor is called)

conny: Thank you very much for following the forums and coming here to say what you said. I appreciate that very much! I'm afraid I don't know how it happened, so I can't help with reproduction, but I'll add what info I have to the bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to forteller For This Useful Post:
Not sure why I haven't noticed conboy until yesterday, but great so far. Very intuitive and love the portrait mode. Personal wiki on the N900- awesome. Just a few quirks, but I notice already mentioned.

Anyway, I've searched this thread and a bit on google, just a quick question: is there a config file somewhere? I don't find one in any of the obvious places.

BTW - integrate with U1 (I noticed early on the thread you are looking into - don't see anything obvious to setup synch yet so not sure where it stands) would be awesome.

Originally Posted by hex900 View Post
Not sure why I haven't noticed conboy until yesterday, but great so far. Very intuitive and love the portrait mode. Personal wiki on the N900- awesome. Just a few quirks, but I notice already mentioned.
Yea, there are still some things to do

Anyway, I've searched this thread and a bit on google, just a quick question: is there a config file somewhere? I don't find one in any of the obvious places.
The configuration is stored in gconf and the note files are located in /home/user/.conboy

BTW - integrate with U1 (I noticed early on the thread you are looking into - don't see anything obvious to setup synch yet so not sure where it stands) would be awesome.
It´s still work in progress. The problem is that I´ll have to hand in my final thesis at the end of February. So I´m quite busy right now

After that I hope I´ll find some time to get things moving again.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
I think it has something to do with bullets or with copy&paste. Possibly a combination of both. But I still don´t have a reliable way to reproduce the problem. Once we have that, it shouldn´t be that hard to fix.

If you find out anything, please let me know. Either through this thread or directly in bugzilla. Thanks

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Thread "Conboy deleted a lot of one of my notes. Please help!" with 8 posts merged here.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Tags
conboy, grauphel