Active Topics

You would need to enable the Fremantle tools repository / catalog.

Here is how:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...5#Installation

Good luck.

Ulysses

Hi,

Do you think it's worth trying to connect to a bluetooth HID in LXDE?

If not, having just sunk money into a DiNovo mini I'm sad

Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
You would need to enable the Fremantle tools repository / catalog.

Here is how:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...5#Installation

Good luck.

Ulysses
thanks, I installed it but how can I enable the logging? I can't see the log file anywhere in the filesystem...

You open a terminal and as root type:

Code:
hcidump -B -w hci-trace.log
You open another terminal and you do the bluetooth pairing and connecting. When you're done, you go back to the first terminal, press Ctrl-C and read the log file with:

Code:
hcidump -r hci-trace.log
Hope this helps.

Ulysses

The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:
This doesn't work on LXDE using either Blueman or Bluez-gnome using PR1.1, the bluetooth keyboard will successfully connect and then immediately disconnect....

I tried downgrading to PR1.0, unfortunately this made all repositories stop working (failed hash check?) and my sim to not work with my mobile, so I had to re-flash to PR1.1

I have tried it and it's true, the keyboard connects and then it's immediately disconnected.
Does anyone have any clue about what's going on here? :-(

No, nobody seems to know where the problem lies. The only people who succeeded in using their bluetooth keyboard with firmware PR1.1 have upgraded their firmware OTA and not by reflashing via USB. It looks like this is the only scenario to get the bluetooth keyboards working in firmware PR1.1.

What difference in terms of the bluetooth stack and configuration files occur with a firmware upgrade OTA vs USB?
If we can pin this down, maybe we can find and fix the problem.

Woo, I have my DiNovo Mini connecting to my PR1.1 N900 now... It works, albeit without symbols etc. (looking into this)

In order to do this I had to:

1. Reflash to RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM
2. Derestict allowed connections in main.conf
3. Pair keyboard
4. Apply pc105 fix (it doesn't error, nor does it seem to work with symbols however..)
5. Follow SSU updates to PR1.1 (I connected the bluetooth keyboard successfully after each update)

Note that I haven't even accessed the bluetooth device settings since step 3.

Cheers

OK, as an update I've found that sometimes when bluetooth is stopped / started it won't connect with the same problem in this thread and I have to restart the phone

Other times it will only let me enter two characters once I open a window and I have to restart bluetooth hoping I get the problem above!

Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
No, nobody seems to know where the problem lies. The only people who succeeded in using their bluetooth keyboard with firmware PR1.1 have upgraded their firmware OTA and not by reflashing via USB. It looks like this is the only scenario to get the bluetooth keyboards working in firmware PR1.1.

What difference in terms of the bluetooth stack and configuration files occur with a firmware upgrade OTA vs USB?
If we can pin this down, maybe we can find and fix the problem.
Yes, but there are people who have done OTA updates but who are not able to get bluetooth keyboards to connect. One might think that it requires having previously connected prior to upgrade. But there are people who have who are not able to get bluetooth keyboards to connect and people who haven't who are.

Here is my table. It is not updated with the latest posts over the past few days.
| keyboard works OTA prior spp
-------------------------------------------------
filogen | SU-8W yes yes yes no
olighak | palm no yes/no no ?
woody14619 | 3245WW no yes no ?
JoHnY | freepro no ? no ?
jtkim | iGoStow no ? no ?
cardiff-blues | iGoStow no ? no false
dnastase | iGoStow yes yes yes ?
rabilancia | iGoStow no yes no false
poser | iGoStow yes yes yes ?
beel | iGoStow no yes yes ?
qobi | iGoStow yes 44 yes no
lwalker | SU-8W yes yes no false

(Sorry, it displays nicer in a fixed width font.)
spp means that gconftool lists strong_pin_pairing.

I can't find any simple correlation that explains what is going on. I also don't see any simple correlation in the output of gconftool on /system/bluetooth. And I also don't see any simple correlation in the files in /var/lib/bluetooth.

I think we need to find out which process is issuing the HCI disconnect command.

The Following User Says Thank You to qobi For This Useful Post: