Notices

Would really love the album art and the thumbs up/down graphics instead of the current zzz....

Oh also, a cool app like this needs a good icon instead of that plain blue box....

btw, does pypianobar use 2g or 3g or wifi? i have available wifi and i set my mobile wap to 2g and the songs skip alot (~5-10 seconds).... If it has wifi available does it use it? it feels like its using the phones wap.....

There is alot of skipping even when connected to 3g/wifi.... Is anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by karim0028; 2010-02-02 at 00:27.

I don't code in how it access the internet. That's entirely handled by the N900. Since I don't have one I can't comment on the skipping... plays perfectly in the SDK but that's with a wireless connection.

And yes, I need a good icon if anyone is willing to donate one . I am horrible with graphics.

ETA: And also.. I could *really* use people's opinion on the design. The faster we get everything ironed out the faster I can get it into extras.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-02 at 00:55.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Bug report: If login fails, program crashes, instead of reprompting. Now I can't use this because I entered the wrong login the first time.

Originally Posted by natmaster View Post
Bug report: If login fails, program crashes, instead of reprompting. Now I can't use this because I entered the wrong login the first time.
Back on page 3 we discuss that. You can modify the file yourself or just remove it:
Code:
rm -f /home/user/.config/pianobar/config
pyPianobar will recreate. This is fixed in my current build, I just haven't uploaded to extras-devel yet. It now re-prompts for the username/password if it fails.

I kind of want to finish up with getting the layout down, the "tired" button, and setup the "snooze" option in the menu. Once those are done I'll release 1.0 and it should be ready to push forward after I get a few testers. So we're really close.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Ok, current working model:

Any feedback welcome.

ETA: Also, need a graphic for "No Image Available". Because, try as I might.. this just simply will not find all albums. It makes use of SlothRadio Covers to query for the image.
Any way to use the built in theme for buttons so it doesn't clash with the rest of the experience?

Originally Posted by natmaster View Post
Any way to use the built in theme for buttons so it doesn't clash with the rest of the experience?
Not that I have found. It's of course got to be possible but I don't know how to pull the current theme colors and fill the buttons with them. These are straight graphics.. they are actually supposed to be an Orange color but my SDK is not displaying colors properly.

If I figure it out it'll get added but that's probably not going to happen before the first version gets pushed up.. I don't (personally) think it's something that should hold up the app from release.

Ok well I have all the features done at this point.
* The ZZZ finally sends the "t"
* there is a menu option for Snooze which prompts for a time in minutes (no way to cancel snooze once it's start ATM)
* closing the app works right and doesn't result in pianobar core dumps (not sure if the N900 suffered from this)
* the album art works as good as I can get it - Pandora and Slothradio seem to use different characters such as comma's, single-quote's, periods, etc.. so sometimes it doesn't find a graphic due to name mismatch, and sometimes because Slothradio just doesn't have it.
* Username/password problem is fixed

Almost ready to release it. I still would like some ideas on layout/design or if it's currently good enough as is. Still would like different buttons, especially for the ZZZ as well.

Thor, I'm thinking if you can provide me graphics that instead of the colors in the middle of the buttons make them transparent PNG's. I'm wondering if I can set the background color of the button and with a transparent PNG be able to show through. This eliminates the need for two graphics per button, and also might be the first step in me figuring out how to hook into the system colors and using those instead (so no matter the theme, it should look good with the rest of it.)

Also still need a "No Album Found" graphic to use in place of just empty blackness when it isn't able to find a proper album art.

I've attached thumbs up/down button images as well as transparent versions of play, pause and skip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Icons.zip (19.9 KB, 79 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Thorprime For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thorprime View Post
I've attached thumbs up/down button images as well as transparent versions of play, pause and skip
Awesome, thanks. I will try these as soon as I'm able..

Also - what should we do for tired? Use the Minus? Does anyone have any better ideas of being "tired" of a song?