Why should I regret? It's simply the best phone (or whatever it is) I've ever had!

Look at what I can do with it (and couldn't with an iPhone ):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43412

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
I'd still buy it if it costed me 2.000$
Ah I'd probably get an OQO with GSM adapter and headset if it was that much..

I'd pay $1k though.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Safao View Post
Sometimes i think i should it waited [...]
If 599€ is "all that money" for you, maybe you should spent it on something more demanding... ... food maybe?

Originally Posted by Safao View Post

Honestly do you regreat spending all that money on the N900?

Sometimes i think i should it waited for the next Nokia flagship phone running Maemo 6 instead of this beta N900 with Maemo 5
Safao, you said you are surprised by the positive answers.

Your question is addressed to some power-users that investigated before buying this device. It is not a 50$ phone, it cost 450$, so people knew if the features on the phone matches what they want.

I was reading the entire thread just because I don't have this device, but I know about it:

* It has the best browser experience (Flash, Ajax included), now even Mozilla FireFox on top of the default Nokia's browser
* It has a good camera (5 Mpix)
* It has good RAM 256, expandable by swapping on the disk (to 1 GB)
* It has good multi-tasking, nice presentation when switching apps
* It is a LINUX, compatible with Debian and Gtk
* It has keyboard
* It has 800x480 resolution responsive touch screen

Now, compared to my N95 8G, I would love to have any of these enumerated above (the only things I have on my N95 are the 5 MPix camera, but it is slower, and the multitasking, again slower)

Personally I didn't make the step to buy it because no provider that works with N900's 3G here.
Also I didn't buy it because it is thick, it has less useful apps than iPhone and does not have multi-touch.

Maybe the next device with Maemo 6, as promissed (the next step that makes Maemo mature) will be doing that, if I am not lured by the Droid, by the Nexus One or by iPhone. Still, I would prefer a nokia hardware and a Linux OS.

Originally Posted by Slick View Post
But a exaggerated complaint can be rebutted with truth and facts, a exaggerated praise shouldn't be allowed as well and again will always be rebutted by facts and truth. Also, who said anything about employee post ? Are they doing that ? Would be despicable if true.
The employee comment was sarcasm of the exaggeration type you are referring to here because that is the tone I took your comment about praise being lies, and the rest truth.

So, because it doesn't affect you or other who don't need if those of use that weighed the FF cam into consideration before buying are SOL ?
Not to be rude.. but to me personally: Yes. That's what I meant by perspective... if I had purchased the device and absolutely loved it.. then I would come and say "Best $600 I ever spent." That isn't me lying... hell - maybe all I buy with my $600 is rocks with smiley faces painted on it.. you don't know what I purchase or what I need in a device. To say I was lying is unnecessary.

I won't argue there isn't fanboy-ism.. that's a factor of every device - and this is the more common/popular forum if not official for this device: You're going to have fanboy's. However, that would just mean they are ignoring valid complaints - but not that they are *lying* about their love for the device.

And for the record I never expected any one to rant or "raving" as you put it. I expect people to acknowledge the device shortcomings and problems. A proper response would be "well I can see where your coming from but I don't need the FF cam so I can't factor that into my assestment of the n900. However I can see how that could be a problem for those of you who did."
Yes but you can only do this so many times. How many of these threads have there been? Really? Very, very rarely do I actually see a *new* complaint or problem on these forums. You get a bunch when the device comes out, a bunch when new firmware hits - and then it's thread after thread after thread of the same people with the same complaints.

And again, as a matter of perspective - if someone loves their device even without the "FF" camera, and you hate it because of it - that's just two different opinions and nobody is being untruthful.

But when attack & praise posts implies that it's perfect or must not be discussed mustn't that be addressed ?
This is true, but in my experience (and I'll admit I have not read every page of this thread)... this is just "yet another N900 sucks thread" to me. Like you said, we can ignore not-interesting threads. Your post just happened to be one hit the screen while I was skimming and you struck a nerve with your first paragraph.. Fanboy's aren't lying so much as suffering from a delusion of perfection. To them, the device *is* perfect.. regardless if you hate Maps or the lack of Video calling.

Which are not ok imo, if the topic annoys you ignore it.
I live in "New Posts". I rarely have any idea what sub forum or category a thread was made it.. I don't care. I don't want to miss something important so I try to clean out New Posts which shows me *everything*. For the most part, I have gotten to the point of simply skimming and/or completely ignoring threads with a title that is obviously slanted toward N900 bashing. It just results in flaming from both sides. If you're trying to introduce logic into a thread like this that's an act of futility. The thread title puts people on the defensive before they even get here.

If ones perspective falls onto the opposite side of facts or lack their of, then what do you call it ? Isn't it more rationale to understand the perspective before bashing it ? I've given you a example of what I had a problem with, you should understand my argument better.
I call it inaccurate.. not lying (not being "truthful" as you put it).. Misinformation is one thing. The first result of a google search for "define: lying" is "the deliberate act of deviating from the truth "

You'll notice I focused on a very specific part of your post originally. The content of it or this thread is not worth the exchange you and I are having now of breaking apart each others posts and creating storylines. I have gotten to the point I don't care about threads like this - however I *do* take notice when someone says people are not being truthful without evidence to the fact. Especially when it's said in a way (as I read it) that suggests that those that like the devices are all lying, and those that don't are being honest.

I always assume that if someone posts it on here they sincerely believe it (unless it's followed by something like , or make it obviously sarcasm) - and will correct them. They have inaccurate information.. they weren't lying. But you keep referring to posts that have a tone of "best device in the world!", "Best money I've spent!" which is *entirely* a personal opinion of the poster. And while completely useless in and of itself.. it's not more or less useless than "N900 sucks!" "It wasn't worth my money!" "Nokia sucks!", "I regret my purchase!", Ad nauseam.

Still not lies. Just personal opinions... and all ludicrous exaggerations.

Legitimate complaints? Ok.. not thread after thread after thread of "Does the N900 have that many problems?" "Do you really regret your purchase?" "Would you buy Nokia again?" "The N900 what do you hate about it?" ... ugh. I can't believe I just wrote a book in one of these threads again .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
A few hours after buying mine at launch I was a bit alarmed that I had paid so much money for a phone instead of getting one ( Gphone 1st or Iphone 2nd choice) on contract.

A week later once I got things set up the way I wanted them I was totally in love with this phone. It's unlocked. It's mine and I can go to whatever company I want.

It's three months later and I'm loving it more every day. Especially when I see my phone bill. No contract means I go month to month. Here in NY my phone bill for unlimited nights and weekends, 500 anytime mins and unlimited data is $75. For anyone else on a similar plan in NY, under contract.,they pay almost double that. My gf has a contract and she pays $140 a month. My Iphone wielding friend pays $120 plus taxes a month. Mine is $75, taxes included. Do the math. Love the phone.

It's not perfect but I love it anyways.

there are times that i'm bit scared that nokia is not that supportive with maemo 5 and symbian is still the favorite child. i hope n900 gets maemo 6...

other than that, i'm very happy how fast this device and not an "it" phone where you see it on every corner. i'm glad i stayed away from winmo for a while till they redeem themselves on winmo 7...

i dont regret not buying one.... but im still interested. maybe the next generation n900

cant justify buying this phone when my current one is still up to par with any current phone out and its over a year old.

At least my N95 supplied NMEA data via Bluetooth...

I don't think any person would be that sorry for buying N900 to state it here, because the phone is top of the line with its processor, memory, OS.
I want to buy one N900 if the price would drop 100$ in 1-2 months or I might go for the Maemo 6 device if it will be released in the summer and not later.
The only thing I don't like is the "optify" procedure for the application, and the need to do extra steps besides download and install when getting a new application. If the device wants to be popular, they have to renounce on the Linux way of seeing things, should be just applications that install nice and firmware that install OTA without any complications.