thanks sonic appreciated mate

have a great evening :-)

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
I have already sent them an email, and the answer they gave that time was...
"As to Mobile Maps for N900, we have already submitted it to apporval to Ovi store and it should get live shortly. I just think that Brazil is not coming in the first wave of regions, but will be added later – I can send you an e-mail once I have any relevant information – would you like me to?"

Food for thought....

The Following User Says Thank You to rmarcus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
I am sure Sygic is not a "garage" company and they know all about the number of N900 owners and the importance of releasing it ASAP. Afterall, its their core business and what support the employees payroll.

If they don't have idea then email them will have just one effect: raising the price tag for us, since they will have the advantage of being the first ones to have a much expected application for N900.

The big disappointment is Nokia now since all points out to the fact that Ovi Store for N900 is STILL not ready to host paid applications. You can see that some company are even bypassing Ovi, and Sygic should do it as well.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
It has already been posted by Sygic on another thread that they have handed the application over to Nokia to put on OVI store for sale. That process, for some unkown reason, takes two weeks.

What worries me is that there are very few paid for apps on the Ovi store and the last decent one, Angry Birds, was withdrawn due to payment issues. That app has STILL not returned despite being in great demand. It is also worth noting that Ovi store is still Beta

I am not sure why Sygic cannot just sell from their own website but at present they are unwilling to do so. Maybe it is a condition set down by Nokia

Last edited by bockersjv; 2010-02-08 at 03:03.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
From what I've read, Sygic has sent the final version to Nokia at January 14th. It has been more than 2 weeks.

But as OVI tore is still BETA, it's not appearing. We have to wait until OVI store is finalized.
That might also mean that we might have to update our N900 with new firmware to support new DRM etc if there is such a thing.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Latest update I have from a Sygic spokesperson this afternoon is that it is a matter of days now. They are frustrated by the delays as well and it is just about ready to be unleashed. Keep the faith!
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I am not sure why Sygic cannot just sell from their own website but at present they are unwilling to do so. Maybe it is a condition set down by Nokia
My guess is that could be a problem related to N900 current firmware not being able to protect paid applications from being cracked, therefore Nokia couldn't release it until fixing that, what would imply in a minor firmware update.

Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
now the point of this thread is if a few users here and a few users from other forums ive posted this thread at email sygic , then it may be noticed and it may help them get in motion and get this out asap

ive read many rumours about when it will be ready etc and iam dying to get turn by turn for my n900

so if users could send a friendly email to sygic reminding them that there is a huge market for this software and that many users are waiting for their software it may help it get pushed out quickly
So, you ignore the Sygic thread, where a Sygic rep posts, where said Sygic rep has said that they have already submitted their software to Ovi Store, that they, sygic, are as frustrated as us at Nokia's slowness?

You suggest we should ignore this thread and emailbomb sygic instead? Yeah I'm sure that will make Nokia/Ovi move faster... not.

No offense, but if I was sygic, I think I'd pretty much give up on the userbase showing such level of intelligence. no navigation software is going to help these users get unlost.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post: