Notices

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by epage View Post
It previously worked for you, right? Any idea when it stopped working?

For either, want to provide a log?
I think it worked once a while back and now no longer works. Unfortunately can't do anything about it presently because I'm doing some battery tests. I may re-approach next week. Maybe some of the latest fix's will work for me.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
What is the status of people having connect/disconnect and GTalk issues?

My expectation is you can cleanly disconnect/connect or connect after a connection error (like when running GTalk) but I still expect that sometimes you will have disconnect issues when the network connection is being slow (like when GTalk is loading).

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by epage View Post
What is the status of people having connect/disconnect and GTalk issues?

My expectation is you can cleanly disconnect/connect or connect after a connection error (like when running GTalk) but I still expect that sometimes you will have disconnect issues when the network connection is being slow (like when GTalk is loading).
I've been waiting for TOR to get out of its error state for the past 3 days. No change even after the last up that reverted some logic.
Same error about there being an existing handler.

For an hour about 3 days ago, I was able to successfully login to TOR, and make 2 phone calls. For the first call, there was a General error, then on re-trying it worked. For the second call, it worked at first try.

It seems that every time I try to place a call, I get the "general error." The second attempt always seems to work as intended.

First of all thank for working on a project that will hopefully be invaluable. I am currently unable to connect through TOR to GV. I am getting a "network error". At some point in the resent past it was able to connect to GV because i have found my contacts on my phone. It has the same error nomatter what type of network i use.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Calling isn't that important to me, since I reroute with SIP anyway, but The One Ring was my SMS solution. Now I have none.

I too have the reconnect issues, but just delete and recreate my account on my device to get it back whenever I enter a WiFi network, which sucked, but worked. But now SMS alerts are broken, though some unseen or unalerted messages will appear after you send one within the conversation. If not for GV's SMS to email forwarding, I'd be stuck like Chuck.

Is there a timetable for fixing alerts? I think SMS is the biggest feature of this app, and without it, it is mostly useless. Could I possibly downgrade to the previous version? Not having reliable and timely SMS alerts is a mood killer for me.

Keep up the good work, epage. You deserve some help, and a medal for all you've done so far.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I've been waiting for TOR to get out of its error state for the past 3 days. No change even after the last up that reverted some logic.
Same error about there being an existing handler.

For an hour about 3 days ago, I was able to successfully login to TOR, and make 2 phone calls. For the first call, there was a General error, then on re-trying it worked. For the second call, it worked at first try.
So once you did log in successfully (unless you reboot after an upgrade, it is ambiguous of whether you are using the new or old version) you eventually hit it again?

See below on the call error.

Originally Posted by thommy View Post
It seems that every time I try to place a call, I get the "general error." The second attempt always seems to work as intended.
Yes, I'm aware of this one but have no bug filed on it right now (please file!). I was playing with it last night trying to figure out what was going wrong. It didn't seem to do this as much as several releases ago. I'm unsure if its because the behavior is random or if I introduced it recently.

Originally Posted by new004lagmaster View Post
First of all thank for working on a project that will hopefully be invaluable. I am currently unable to connect through TOR to GV. I am getting a "network error". At some point in the resent past it was able to connect to GV because i have found my contacts on my phone. It has the same error nomatter what type of network i use.
Mind sending a log so I can confirm what the underlying network error is?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Another issue is Contacts integration. Is it possible to do a search for Contacts with matching info so we don't have to remerge every connection? And could some mechanism be implimented to automatically use any number labelled a cellphone as a GV IM contact as well, and all phone numbers as GV call numbers? It'd make initiating a GV IM much easier.

For those reporting they are still hitting reconnect issues, Maemo 4.1 or Maemo 5? Upgraded to latest (0.7.10)? Rebooted since upgrade?

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I too have the reconnect issues, but just delete and recreate my account on my device to get it back whenever I enter a WiFi network, which sucked, but worked. But now SMS alerts are broken, though some unseen or unalerted messages will appear after you send one within the conversation. If not for GV's SMS to email forwarding, I'd be stuck like Chuck.

Is there a timetable for fixing alerts? I think SMS is the biggest feature of this app, and without it, it is mostly useless. Could I possibly downgrade to the previous version? Not having reliable and timely SMS alerts is a mood killer for me..
A timetable depends on having bugs filed (well, more so on me knowing about it but I work best by having bugs filed, otherwise I waste countless time on here trying to track each persons bug, their replies to my questions, and then validating that it was even fixed).

By alert do you mean the new message isn't shown in the chat window or Maemo doesn't vibrate/play sound/whatever to notify you?

Could you help me classify in what ways you miss alerts? Within an existing conversation or when it should start a new one? At random times or right as you are sending a text?

Is the only time you miss alerts is when TOR says it has new texts right as you send your response?

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Another issue is Contacts integration. Is it possible to do a search for Contacts with matching info so we don't have to remerge every connection? And could some mechanism be implimented to automatically use any number labelled a cellphone as a GV IM contact as well, and all phone numbers as GV call numbers? It'd make initiating a GV IM much easier.
Could you provide more clarrification on what you mean by "search for contact with matching info"?

I'm surprised you haven't seen others ask about system contact integration and seen my many replies pointing to the existing bug on this

Fortunately for me since upgrading to the latest build (a couple of days ago) I am connecting fine with TOR. I haven't gotten the network error or general error since. Just my two cents since I've been reading alot of issues. -n900

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5