Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by scuddy View Post
Hi all, just a quick hello Ive been a member for a few weeks now. Awesome site, joined once I got a nokia n900, have been messing about with the phone ever since. I have some experience with c++ programming from college but would like to get to know linux coding a bit if possible, thought this site would be as good a start as any
Welcome to the forum!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by haberc View Post
hello everyone im chris i just joined today and purchased a nokia n900 last monday, Iam not a developer but i work in hardware and networking but lately i have become attracted into starting, also i am an avid gamer so be sure ill check weather some games are available
Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Yorkshire, UK
Hello all.

Had my N900 (on Vodafone in the UK) for a few days now and definitely enjoying it - a far more pleasant experience than the Touch Diamond it's replaced. I've added a few more apps and bits to keep me entertained, and my next task is to have a play with changing the LED notifications.

Those that complain about user-friendliness should really have a go on WinMo 6.1 and see the number of user-added apps/workaround that had to be installed to get the basics working (and every so often, you'd still end up in a bland, Windows screen to remind you that there was only so much HTC could cover up!).

This forum is really helpful, so thanks to those that take the time (and have the skill!) to resolve problems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt_and_cat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matt_and_cat View Post
Hello all.

Had my N900 (on Vodafone in the UK) for a few days now and definitely enjoying it - a far more pleasant experience than the Touch Diamond it's replaced. I've added a few more apps and bits to keep me entertained, and my next task is to have a play with changing the LED notifications.

Those that complain about user-friendliness should really have a go on WinMo 6.1 and see the number of user-added apps/workaround that had to be installed to get the basics working (and every so often, you'd still end up in a bland, Windows screen to remind you that there was only so much HTC could cover up!).

This forum is really helpful, so thanks to those that take the time (and have the skill!) to resolve problems.
Welcome to the forum!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Hello to all!

I've used to using very good pocket computers like Psion Series 3a (1993-1999) and Psion Series 5mx (1999 - till now). I've tried Nokia 9210, was using Sony Ericsson P900 (2004-2007) and then P990 (2007), and Nokia E90 (2008 - till now).
Now I use N900, which is closest to 5mx, however its UI is definitely not so mature (yet). Let's improve it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R.Habrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by R.Habrat View Post
Hello to all!

I've used to using very good pocket computers like Psion Series 3a (1993-1999) and Psion Series 5mx (1999 - till now). I've tried Nokia 9210, was using Sony Ericsson P900 (2004-2007) and then P990 (2007), and Nokia E90 (2008 - till now).
Now I use N900, which is closest to 5mx, however its UI is definitely not so mature (yet). Let's improve it!
Welcome to the forum!

got my n900 last month, cant remember how many times i re-flash, but still i love my n900, so guys keep it up,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diego23 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by diego23 View Post
got my n900 last month, cant remember how many times i re-flash, but still i love my n900, so guys keep it up,

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Oceanside, California
this is my second maemo device. i really love the N900's media qualities.

i miss the custom aplets that were of such great abundance on the N810. why doesn't any one make custom brightness applet or widget. i also need a easy volume widget please love meamo and i especially love the community. all positivity and every one is so eager to lend advice. i will miss the Maemo brand. :'(

The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander-tron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol
Hello

New to Maemo, new to the forum, been lurking for a week whilst I read about how to use my new N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyCowboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org