Active Topics

Originally Posted by toucan murphy View Post
I jail broke my iphone and was able to run 2 farting apps quite smoothly at once. 3 farting apps and it wasn't so solid....though
it did run..
So you're saying that two simultaneous farts were solid farts, whereas three simultanoeus farts were sort of loose farts? I guess I could confirm that myself, under most circumstances.

Last edited by oldpmaguy; 2010-02-27 at 20:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldpmaguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
iPhone 3GS is a superior device
Speaking of loose farts, has anyone heard from Orange Box recently?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina
Also, you have to think, IPhones screen technology is much diffrent than the N900. N900 is resistive, and IPhones have capasative. (spelling >.<)

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the biggest difference that results in, is how much force of contact there needs to be to get a response. And my understanding is that the N900 have the most sensitive resistive screen yet.

heck, one can often tell on videos if a person is used to the opposite sensor tech, as they will invariably en up touching the screen in the wrong way (nail on capacitive, flat of finger on resistive) and make some noise about lack of response.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
the biggest difference that results in, is how much force of contact there needs to be to get a response. And my understanding is that the N900 have the most sensitive resistive screen yet.

heck, one can often tell on videos if a person is used to the opposite sensor tech, as they will invariably en up touching the screen in the wrong way (nail on capacitive, flat of finger on resistive) and make some noise about lack of response.
Haha how very true.. I'm guilty of that myself when I first tried the iPhone and other touch screen devices.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by IWantToMarryTheN900 View Post
How does it fare? Can someone comment on this?
very very very well. tested it last night ever since people here blasted me. my friend was running 3 high graphics games and heaps of process and not 1 second of lag. anywhere. the 3gs hasn't even got a paging file. and it didn't even pause the games. we used ProSwitcher multitasking which is not even designed for the iphone.

and i hate the iphone. but its good to see a benchmark

apple could implement something better then ProSwitcher which is the app we used and the n900 will not be king anymore. how is the lag bug still around? trying to open sms's and emails from the multitasking window hangs for a while.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8723

NOKIA you used to be innovative. come back. we know the n900 is a machine we love but you wont get many sales from the general public. the public is simple. fix your UI before shipment next time. you can learn something from the iphone. did the iphone with v1 firmware have the problems the n900 has????

by the way i hate the iphone once again but its a little kid beating up a bull. in everything. sales, marketing, brainwashing, TESTING , support and innovation. i say innovation as in the n95 had a accelerometer but it was never utilized until apple found another use for it. see what i mean. nokia are falling behind

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-02-27 at 22:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
that but looks at first glance, like hildon-home (i am guessing the "container" process for the widgets) goes on a ram hogging spree, resulting in other things getting swapped. Hmm, never played around with custom swap settings much, but would there not be a way to tell the system not to swap out specific processes?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
my point exactly. why isnt nokia doing the testing?????? my media player widget didnt work from day 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
my point exactly. why isnt nokia doing the testing?????? my media player widget didnt work from day 1!!!!!!!!!!!!
actually they are doing it right now.how clever it's to make customer pay for device and addition to it brainstorm and make bug reports of bloody obvious things.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
iPhone 3GS is a superior device
DO what someone please remove the kids off this site.