Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by cipper View Post
seems not working with google accounts not finishing with gmail.com (for example mario@students.harvard.us
Any crash log or something like that? Or if Erminig doesn't crash, what is its behaviour?

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Here's the list of currently open issues with version 0.2.0 of Erminig. I've gathered all reports I got from this thread and from a few emails I received and collected everything in this post. Issues listed here are not present in bugzilla, but I encourage you to open any new bug/RFE in bugzilla.

This post will be updated as soon as one of the listed bug is fixed.
  • Command line arguments (to perform sync without the GUI, for integration in crontab for instance) (New in 0.2.1)
  • Deactivate sync/del/edit buttons if no profile selected (avoids crashes) (Fixed in 0.2.1)
  • Auto-select newly created calendars in the "new profile" dialog (Fixed in 0.2.1)
  • Make possible to automatically create calendars with the same name on the other side of the sync chain (Fixed in 0.2.9)
  • Show Google-account registration window if no account defined yet (Fixed in 0.2.9)
  • Make the "Stop" button work on the sync transient window
  • Change the icon of the "single profile sync" button. Maybe add a "1" above the arrow symbol (Fixed in 0.2.1)
  • Profile addition overwrites previously defined account -> Still unable to reproduce this one!
  • variables: {'res': (None, None)} bug on sync (Fixed in 0.2.1)
  • Timestamps coming from google with very low values (year < 1970) make Erminig crash (see this post) (Fixed in 0.2.1)
  • One-day-lost bug with events spanning more than 1 full-day (Fixed in 0.2.1)
  • hildon.NOTE_TYPE_PROGRESSBAR should be replaced by "cancel" in dialogs with progress bars (see this post) (Fixed in 0.2.1)

The goal is to have all bugs (or most of them) fixed before the end of the week, so that I can release a new intermediate version of Erminig. Time will tell if I will be able to make it or not ....

Last edited by lorelei; 2010-05-15 at 22:38. Reason: updated fix list

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
so recurring events/birthdays are also already fixed

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
lorelei, you're my hero.

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
The goal is to have all bugs (or most of them) fixed before the end of the week, so that I can release a new intermediate version of Erminig. Time will tell if I will be able to make it or not ....
I at least would like to try and help you with that. Don't know if this is a FAQ, but where are you hosting the project? Any chance to get a hold of the source?

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
  • Profile addition overwrites previously defined account -> Still unable to reproduce this one!
I was one of the 2 users who originally reported this.. I deleted the old profile and tried it again but the bug did not occur this time. Not sure why, as I did not update erming-ng, but I may have performed actions in a different order last time. If it happens again I'll let you know.

EDIT: I was looking for 2.1 in extras devel but it looks like it's not out yet... I guess I misread your post. Well, it can wait another couple days ;-)

Last edited by feydrutha; 2010-03-17 at 16:26.

Yes, it works. After using settings to set a google account and scrolled down to make all the settings i just works. There is a fiew bugs i You don't do all the settings and i does not say way i dont work, but that is just details.
Thank You for a greate peace of software to my phone.

Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
so recurring events/birthdays are also already fixed
Heh, good point. No, they are not fixed yet. It's also slated to be fixed this weekend, at least the recurring events. Birthdays are a completely different beast to manage...

Originally Posted by ilkka
I at least would like to try and help you with that. Don't know if this is a FAQ, but where are you hosting the project? Any chance to get a hold of the source?
For the moment the project is hosted nowhere. I haven't had the time/chance to put it on garage. I will release the full development tree at the same time as version 0.2.1, due in a few days.

Originally Posted by feydrutha
EDIT: I was looking for 2.1 in extras devel but it looks like it's not out yet... I guess I misread your post. Well, it can wait another couple days ;-)
Yup, 0.2.1 is not available in extras-devel yet. my previous post was indeed a bit misleading and could be interpreted that it was already released.

Please lorelei keep on working to complet this marvelous app. When I use it it often takes down without reason. Also it freezes and I have to force it to shut down. Sometimes a window pops up and it says there is a bug.
Anyway I would love to get this solution to sync my 4 googlecalendars with my calendars on the n900.

Keep going

Good luck

Frieder

Originally Posted by Pradorey View Post
When I use it it often takes down without reason. Also it freezes and I have to force it to shut down. Sometimes a window pops up and it says there is a bug.
The window pop-up with the stack trace has been seen by many people, and a fix has been integrated in the next release (if this is indeed the same bug I think of).

What worries me much more is the fact that it completely freezes...I will have to investigate this, but it may be possible that in cases where the network disappears, then Erminig waits for a timeout...

any chance of tasks syncing?

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization