Active Topics

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
Hey get a vodafone or o2 sim card and add the web bolt on to it for £7.50 will give you unlimited data for 30 days.
exactly what i was looking for! will there be a problem using the data while in other countries?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by jeweladdict View Post
exactly what i was looking for! will there be a problem using the data while in other countries?
You might be able to use UK prepaid sim in other countries, if you can, data transfer will cost few euros per megabyte... also calls and texts are more expensive

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ North America (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Originally Posted by tuXer View Post
You might be able to use UK prepaid sim in other countries, if you can, data transfer will cost few euros per megabyte... also calls and texts are more expensive
For roaming outside the UK but still in the EU...

Aren't calls (at least incoming anyway) with Vodafone (UK) Passport 75p/_call_ in the EU? Passport itself is free. Data is shown at http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...pageID=OS_0097 and appears to be 4.99/day (00:00--24:00 UK time) for 25 MB but the 1st MB is 4.99 so you can get screwed for very light usage.

I believe 3 is the cheapest for a la carte data (1.25/MB throughout the EU) though there may be less roaming agreements compared with the next-cheapest operator, T-Mobile (1.50/MB). Orange UK is 4.00/MB. O2 is 3.00/MB.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
Hey get a vodafone or o2 sim card and add the web bolt on to it for £7.50 will give you unlimited data for 30 days.
That's only good for the UK though as you'll have roaming charges to any other European country.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by jeweladdict View Post
You might find that it is actually cheaper to get a different pay as you go sim in each country that you visit. Public WiFi in Europe is not as common as in the USA though but some of the cell operators have agreements with operators such as 'The Cloud' to allow use of their hotspots too. Some Starbucks and hotels give you free WiFi though.

Additional:

If you let people know the countries you plan on visiting then residents might be able to help suggest operators that are good for each country?

Last edited by Fargus; 2010-03-19 at 17:16. Reason: Additional...

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
i would use vodafone for uk great coverage and download speeds. WELCOME TO EUROPE BY THE WAY. i hope the weather is good for you.

You can get an O2 sim for 15 with unlimited data, think t-mobile too. Also 3 for 10 but only 120Mb data . You can upgrade to 1Gb for extra 5.. I'd just pop into a shop when you're there. They're sold everywhere.

We love cheap data in the UK....

Note -- data roaming is expensive. You may be best sticking to wifi or just getting local sim in each country. Not sure on europe prices but would guess they're similar to UK (not us prices)

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post
You can get an O2 sim for 15 with unlimited data, think t-mobile too. Also 3 for 10 but only 120Mb data . You can upgrade to 1Gb for extra 5.. I'd just pop into a shop when you're there. They're sold everywhere.

We love cheap data in the UK....
a voda sim is free if you go to a voda shop then just add the £7.50 for free data.