Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
im expecting a Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 (previously known as the x3) tomorrow, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. It will have the US tmobile 3g bands, and will be running android 2.0. Its still in pre-production but I managed to get my hands on a retail model. The ones you see in reviews and videos are prototypes which are running android 1.6, the retail will be running android 2.0, which is the one I will be getting. Its expecting to release in UK in 2 weeks, and in USA in about a month or two. There aren't many reviewers out there that have a retail model so if you have any questions that you couldn't find answers to, feel free to ask. Ive owned an n900 before so I can do a fair comparison. Ill do a little review once it arrives.

Heres what it has:
1ghz snapdragon processor
8.1mp camera
4'' display 480x854
slightly thicker than the iphone (which is very thin IMO)
runs android 2.0 with UXP (sony's customization, like htc sense)
and your typical wifi bluetooth etc....

Last edited by waleed786; 2010-03-29 at 17:02.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Nice looking phone, very expensive though! Used to love Sony Ericsson phones but after their last couple they have had nothing exciting until the X10.

Its also not on android 2.0 just yet, I think it comes with 1.6 initially with a potential firmware update on its way. I would love to hear more information on this phone when you get it Love my N900 though..

Congrats!

please when u get it make sure if it have andriod 2.0 and not 1.6 because they said it will be released with 1.6 and compare the speed while multi tasking especially using the media player & web at the same time thanks

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
If SONYs UI integration is as terrible as on SATIO then run away!....I had a chance to play with it and OMG, they messed the Symbian 5th up big time.Their updates are not so prompt either......basically Its a company going down the drain....they used to be good on mobile phones, not anymore....anyways,good luck with your new phone

Last edited by sophocha; 2010-03-29 at 03:31.

it'll have tmo 3g, kick ***.

my question is if you could compare the two browsers?

which one faster, render the sites you visit properly.

does it default to mobile verison when it can handle the full site.

and how much if you plan on selling it lol

they said it would come with android 1.6 a few months ago, but recently sony decided to put it on android 2.0 on the retail model. Ill double check it for you guys when it arrives but i have no doubt that its android 2.0. I dont think it will ever get to 2.1 though because sony has a reputation for barely ever making firmware updates for their phones lol. And what makes updates even harder for android phones is that sony will have to completely redesign their software to work with 2.1 since the different versions of androids operate entirely differently. That was the reason why it took them so long to get it onto 2.0 instead of 1.6

I don't know about selling it lol I saw it going for US $924 on amazon, so I would probably do something around $850. But im sure these prices will go down once sony finally releases it in the US, especially since AT&T and maybe t-mobile will be carrying it

Last edited by waleed786; 2010-03-29 at 03:55.

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
If SONYs UI integration is as terrible as on SATIO then run away!....I had a chance to play with it and OMG, they messed the Symbian 5th up big time.Their updates are not so prompt either......basically Its a company going down the drain....they used to be good on mobile phones, not anymore....anyways,good luck with your new phone
I agree completely, sony's phone market is not doing so good. They're amazing in the TV industry, the gaming industry, and the computer industry, so I think they just need to focus a little more on their phone industry because it could use a lot of improvement, the X10 is impressive though and they're prototypes have been around since June 2009 so it better be good if its taking this long to release lol they just keep delaying it.

Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post

I don't know about selling it lol I saw it going for US $924 on amazon, so I would probably do something around $850.
i can barely afford an x1 now. it'll take me anothner 2-3 years to buy one.

well hopefully sonyh actually support the x10, it'd be a shame to see something like the x10 go unsuppoted

pretty disappointing, will most new android devices finally getting multi touch the x10 won't because of hardware issues.