Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by JMacalinao View Post
Reflash to the stock kernel (or any kernel that worked for you before). Is SmartReflex enabled on your device before flashing to the ulv kernel? I had to disable it just so I can use some kernels (this included).

dont shoot me. i know its somewhere in the forum but its to big to look.

how do i disable it????? what does it effect if i do???

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
dont shoot me. i know its somewhere in the forum but its to big to look.

how do i disable it????? what does it effect if i do???
I've got a feeling you haven't enabled it in the first place (SmartReflex is some sort of power-saving feature, but It's disabled by default)

But just to check, try this in your terminal:

cat /sys/power/sr_vdd1_autocomp
cat /sys/power/sr_vdd2_autocomp

If both says '0', then it's disabled. If it's disabled, though, I don't have any more ideas why the device would reset with the ulv kernel.

Last edited by JMacalinao; 2010-04-09 at 06:36.

I've got a feeling you haven't enabled it in the first place (SmartReflex is some sort of power-saving feature, but It's disabled by default)

But just to check, try this in your terminal:

cat /sys/power/sr_vdd1_autocomp
cat /sys/power/sr_vdd2_autocomp

If both says '0', then it's disabled.

hhhmmmmmm yes its disabled

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sønderjylland, Denmark
Seems like 900Mhz and 500Mhz DSP is too much for my N900. Videos are artifacting. There are also visual glitches in Bounce now.

Does anyone know whether it is due to the DSP (I guess it is. It is some kind of GPU, right?), or is it the CPU?

hhhmmmmmm yes its disabled
Hmm... You should stick to the previous kernel that worked for you, at least for now, until Lehto/titan/Matan comes up with a better ulv kernel.

(I'm waiting for a 250-900 ulv kernel, like everyone else )

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Blinde View Post
Does these Lehto's new kernels affect on autoupdating? Do I have to install original kernel back so that I can install PR 1.2?
Anyone? Or is everyone just overclocking?

Originally Posted by Kesse View Post
Seems like 900Mhz and 500Mhz DSP is too much for my N900. Videos are artifacting. There are also visual glitches in Bounce now.

Does anyone know whether it is due to the DSP (I guess it is. It is some kind of GPU, right?), or is it the CPU?
I don't know about the video artifacting, but I did see those visual glitches in Bounce when I was in 1Ghz/stock DSP using titan's kernel. Didn't have them at 900Mhz/500Mhz DSP, but when I came back to 1Ghz (so I can take a screenshot of Bounce with that issue), the glitches disappeared. So the glitches are kinda a "hit or miss" for me.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Hmm... You should stick to the previous kernel that worked for you, at least for now, until Lehto/titan/Matan comes up with a better ulv kernel.

(I'm waiting for a 250-900 ulv kernel, like everyone else )
900mhz requires a noticeable jump in voltage so 900mhz-ulv wont be so easy, I'll see what I can do though. First have to learn how to do these linux source patches/diff files.

Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
900mhz requires a noticeable jump in voltage so 900mhz-ulv wont be so easy, I'll see what I can do though. First have to learn how to do these linux source patches/diff files.
what about the restart issue i mentioned before with the new kernal

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
what about the restart issue i mentioned before with the new kernal
IF you read the warning text directly above ulv kernel you might of noticed that it wont work with every device. Its not even tuned for minimum voltage I tuned for minimum for my device then upped 2 voltage steps so it should work on more devices.

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom