Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
Is this a challenge by Nokia?
haha.. unless there are very few changes, 100 pages is a bit optimistic! more like 1000

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
And you still believe them? Most likely it will come out in the near future, however, people are not waiting for the new features but to be able to use extras-devel again. IMHO it was a very bad decision to upgrade the build engines without releasing the firmware, they could have instead created a new repo for the developers to play with.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
This is getting REALLY anoying, not because the software didnt showed up, but because i have some third party programs wich i cant upgrade, because the requirements include some packages from the PR1.2 release.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Z0l View Post
And you still believe them? Most likely it will come out in the near future, however, people are not waiting for the new features but to be able to use extras-devel again. IMHO it was a very bad decision to upgrade the build engines without releasing the firmware, they could have instead created a new repo for the developers to play with.
You can use extras-devel, I do:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=15

I could also extract the package and copy the files by hand, but that's not the point. The point is they broke something by design, and let it be broken indefinitely (=release of PR1.2). I know extras-devel is not a playground for newbies, but right now, it cannot be used for anything, which is bad. I like the bleeding edge on my computer and i'm not afraid of fixing something broken, but this cannot be fixed by anyone and that's what bothers me most.

If you change the shlibs requirements, anyone can use it. Yes, it was broken by design, but it can be fixed at least.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
@Zoi

I find that post very funny. You like to live on the bleeding edge, but can't be bothered to circumvent obstacles? That's like saying you like adrenaline rushes but can't be bothered to get off the couch, let alone jump out of the plane...

@ Conspiracy theorists in this thread in general.

ROFL. Go outside for a bit. Enjoy the sunshine. It will all be alright, even if they are all out to get you.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Unfortunately libhildon1 is only one of the many upgrades PR1.2 contains. For example, QT 4.6.2 is not available from anywhere and since the buildserver upgrade, every app is linked against it. You could also force dependencies, but most likely it's not going to work. In short: you can't convince me that this was a good thing

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
@Zoi

I find that post very funny. You like to live on the bleeding edge, but can't be bothered to circumvent obstacles? That's like saying you like adrenaline rushes but can't be bothered to get off the couch, let alone jump out of the plane...
Well, i could write my own OS for the N900, couldn't I? Circumventing problems is one thing, but breaking something deliberately is another. To compare, this situation is like dispersing nails in front of the garage door. You can of course circumvent the problem, but this is not something you would generally do, right? Nokia just did that when they upgraded the build server without releasing the firmware.

Originally Posted by Z0l View Post
Unfortunately libhildon1 is only one of the many upgrades PR1.2 contains. For example, QT 4.6.2 is not available from anywhere and since the buildserver upgrade, every app is linked against it. You could also force dependencies, but most likely it's not going to work. In short: you can't convince me that this was a good thing
In short: shlibs.local doesn't have a bottom.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever