Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by DarkFulgore View Post
The ony reason most people are even hyped about pr1.2 is that the sdk was released.

To be fair if that didnt happen, people wouldnt even of known about it.

pr1.2 brings us alot of bug fixes and between everyone alot of people are waiting for some specific ones and it takes so long for the firmware update to come out because they want to get as many as possible at one time.

Nothing we can do until its released but i think the reason its taking so long is because it may infact be the second last firmware update for n900!! The last being pr1.3 that brings flash 10!!
Wrong! PR1.2 was known in late February, there's also video in YouTube by Nokia which talks about the upcoming 3D games and so on, also Qt4.6.

The N900 was launch in my country and neighbour country in late March, this is under APAC region which Nokia originally never plan to launch it. And in my country, most users will surely complain about the lack of calling features which most basic phones should have, and people here usually don't buy the phone before knowing in depth. I would have thought they would launch PR1.2 here to reduce some problems and complains, but no, they launch the phone anyway without PR1.2 resulting in many buyers complaining about simple missing USSD feature and so on, and these buyers mostly won't be tech savvy and know how to add repositories and such. The local Nokia dealer wasn't smart enough to provide them these important things as well, but anyway, the local Nokia dealer are pretty not well versed with the phone, even Symbian itself (which have been available for years).

Sorry to say, looking at current situation and very obviously, I can't help but to think the delay of PR1.2 was because the push of development and launching MeeGo. Look at the progress of MeeGo........
And as for HK launching, possibly they're trying to incorporate Chinese version thus the additional delay, but that it was not suppose to be like this.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Peshawar
alright so i am on PR 1.1.1 and i just went into ovi store ( hoping some new apps or atleast paid apps are available ) and to my surprise i get these messages

Name:  screenshot10.jpg
Views: 1513
Size:  23.0 KB

Name:  screenshot11.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  25.7 KB

and no update in application manager hmmm somethings not right!!!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by alinoor View Post
alright so i am on PR 1.1.1 and i just went into ovi store ( hoping some new apps or atleast paid apps are available ) and to my surprise i get these messages

Attachment 9293

Attachment 9294

and no update in application manager hmmm somethings not right!!!

i can log in ovi store and i don't get any upgrade messages. what region are you in?

even with the news of hongkong's n900 release on the 29th. some how i have a feeling nokia will manage to continue to piss us off by delaying pr 1.2 for another month after that.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Peshawar
Originally Posted by mr_ian84 View Post
i can log in ovi store and i don't get any upgrade messages. what region are you in?
In pakistan, my N900 is a UK variant (203) and ovi store still down for me. Also, i updated the NSU but it tells me i am up to date with the latest firmware 3.2010.02.8.

edit: now that i viewed the page again even the BETA mark from the ovi store image is missing.

Name:  screenshot12.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  25.0 KB

Last edited by alinoor; 2010-04-25 at 07:43.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by mr_ian84 View Post
Been getting this several times over the past month. Sorry to say it probably means nothing!

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
After this article can be expected that the update may appear in the coming week.
http://maemoarena.com/2010/04/nokia-...nkong-release/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So will the release role out tomorrow?

I will press pause/play on media player widget 24 hours straight when installed.

I'll keep my device charged waiting for that update :P

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i hope it wouldn't come soon - so we would be able to continue to chat and share our feelings in this company

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever