Closed Thread
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Never has so few wanted so much by something so little. I do hope the 1.2 update is what all the die hards want.

I can't help but read these forums and think "Crunch time." for the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by jonan View Post
Asked if Maps was fixed for China and sadly the answer was no
Was told they are aware of problem and "maybe will be fixed later". So looks like Maps is still useless for China. Will have to go back and try it for my self.
jonan,

I asked twice on blog.ovi.com about Ovi Maps with voice navigation on N900, and both times a Nokia employee answered the Ovi Maps team is working on this and will be available someday, just didn't say any estimated date, but that is usual among Nokia and understandable. I was skeptical before but now I believe Ovi Maps will have proper navigation on N900, just think will take at least a couple of months, if not more...

Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
Never has so few wanted so much by something so little. I do hope the 1.2 update is what all the die hards want.

I can't help but read these forums and think "Crunch time." for the N900.
i know how you feel but i am happy with what i have for now so cant complain too much. As soon as Fmms is out of testing i will be more than happy for the time being.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
does anyone know how much it will be in Hong kong?
I believe it was $4888 HKD . Included "gift" of bluetooth headset.

-Jonan

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
jonan,

I asked twice on blog.ovi.com about Ovi Maps with voice navigation on N900, and both times a Nokia employee answered the Ovi Maps team is working on this and will be available someday, just didn't say any estimated date, but that is usual among Nokia and understandable. I was skeptical before but now I believe Ovi Maps will have proper navigation on N900, just think will take at least a couple of months, if not more...
Hoping this happens soon! While Maps is lacking features the offline maps are great and I would be happy if it simply showed the correct location. But it doesn't, the GPS location is hundreds of meters off in Hong Kong, China, and Macau. From what I gather its fine for other countries.

Maybe related to China's gps/mapping regulations that supposedly require digital maps to include offsets that are then corrected by approved devices. But Hong Kong should not be included in this nonsense. Could never get a straight answer out of any map providers concerning this, though they will gladly sell you unusable maps.

-Jonan

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by jonan View Post
I believe it was $4888 HKD . Included "gift" of bluetooth headset.

-Jonan

most shops pre-sell at $5088. i don't hear anything about "gift". imported n900 is selling at $40xx at yahoo auction.

Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
I went to Mongkok this afternoon and came across the N900 roadshow event too. Here are some more pics:
Cool pictures. The video out really is great for selling this thing
Haven't had a chance to go back yet, maybe tonight. Were you able
to see if Skype Video actually works ?

-Jonan

Last edited by jonan; 2010-04-27 at 09:21.

Originally Posted by louiskkchan View Post
most shops pre-sell at $5088. i don't hear anything about "gift". imported n900 is selling at $40xx at yahoo auction.
Citycall sales guy was telling me bluetooth headset included if I pre-order now. Check the first of Amanda's Mongkok pictures.

-Jonan

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
penpower for chinese input, http://www.penpower.net/nokia/n900/

bun
Sweet, this will give Chinese simplified and traditional handwriting recognition. Is this free for non Hong Kong N900 users? Anyone installed it yet?

Closed Thread