Notices

Laughingman, yeah that's what I meant to say...apps are more on the future than now. But I suspect nokia will release pr 1.2 with a FEW well known apps since they're already being coded. I hope they release shAzam as shown

Originally Posted by Heman1310 View Post
N900 HK version will be launched tomorrow, that why I have that feeling.
i thought it had already been released. but yeh it would make sense or maybe hold onto till the normal update date which is a friday isnt it?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Heh, I'm a fairly early iPad adopter and I think it was well worth th price of admission. Their unified development environment (heck, it's basically an oversized iphone/touch anyway) lends itself very well to iPad's quick start.

There are already 5000 'native' iPad apps (optimized for its screen size and new UI elements) and it can also run the 190,000+ iPhone apps (pixel doubled).

I wonder when QT4.6 will gain traction and 'explode' through Ovi store.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

hehehe I love the way most threads on this site devolve into a pr1.2 discussion and then Chuck Norris, Just as I have done

Seriously though, I wonder if flash 10 will make things better? I seriously think that if everyone were to support something like Flash, as in the ability to use alot of the phones functions then you could see an awesome rise in apps. If you could develope for one phone but it could be used on almost all then your onto a winner!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The following threads have been merged into this thread:
  • "Why are there only 12 applications?" with nineteen posts
  • "Come on bring more apps... its like 0.5 new apps per day now :)" with twenty-one posts
  • "[Maemo 5] When will useless apps be produced for the n900?" with thirty-two posts
  • "No new apps in Ovi store?" with seven posts
  • "Ovi Store: why so few applications?" with nine posts
  • "new apps for the n900 NEEDED" with four posts
  • "n900 apps not very good" with eight posts
  • "More Apps for the N900 please!" with thirty posts
  • "[Maemo 5] Where are the real applications? Has Nokia forgotten?" with fifty-five posts
  • "Applications for n900" with four posts
  • "Why So Many Free Apps For The N900?" with thirty posts
  • "Where Are Our Apps?" with twenty-nine posts
  • "Is there a reson for the lacking of apps in ovi?" with twelve posts

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Guys, I am only on page 21 of this thread, but I have to go now. I just wonder if any one that has tried the PR1.2 RC noticed any difference in performance when using the MAFW Equalizer. Are any of you using that?

Edit: Oops, how did I end up in this thread?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2010-05-04 at 21:29.

I hope they release shAzam as shown
I hope not.
Spyware on my N900?
Better be joking.

I'm fairly sure the answer the original question is : Nokia keeps messing people up because the product is fairly raw. I'm sure the MeeGo announcement has made people especially reluctant until they've got a concrete target platform.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dack001 View Post
I hope not.
Spyware on my N900?
Better be joking.
"You must obey me and install this app or else my sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads will kill you!"

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nyarlathotep View Post
I'm fairly sure the answer the original question is : Nokia keeps messing people up because the product is fairly raw.
I am not buying this explanation. It is not diabolical enough. Surely, Nokia keeps messing people up for a much better reason. Maybe they are a secret branch of a certain Cupertino company, running a large-scale global promotion campaign for that company's product. Or maybe they just want you mad, all of you, mad, absolutely raving mad... Well you get the picture.

Tags
applications, apps, fart apps, free apps, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, more apps, ovi, ovi store, pay apps, software